Chapter 20: A Date before Doom

Marissa's Pov

Today's the day before we put our plan into action. If I said I wasn't nervous I'd be lying to you all. I have no idea what they're capable of but at the same time they don't know what I'm capable of either. I walk out to the balcony to watch the sun rise. The sun paints the sky in a pink hue with thin clouds floating peacefully, who knew that such beauty existed in the world. Yoongi joins me, looking at the sky with me.

"Tomorrow's the big day huh," I state quietly.

"It is," was his short reply. I steal a quick glance his way, seeing the worry come across his face.

"Maris, let's go out today," he whispers.

"Go where," I query.

"To a carnival, one's in town. I want to take you on a proper date. I would like to forget our worries for just one day. I want this day to just be about us."

I beam at him excitedly. No words can describe the excitement that I'm experiencing. "Yes," I exclaim.

He chuckles at me as he walks back into the condo. I follow closely behind him. I hop into the shower, letting the warm water trickle down my body. A shower is always refreshing. I get out only to see just a towel wrapped around Yoongi. His top half is completely bare, making me madly blush at the sight. His snow white skin looked so irresistible. I shake my head walking past him to go get myself ready. It's funny really, tomorrow we might not live to see the next day, but today we're acting like everything is perfectly fine.

I wipe my wandering thoughts from my mind, getting my outfit ready for the day. I throw on a pair of skinny jeans with a fitted white t-shirt, throwing my hair into a high ponytail. Yoongi joins me in the bedroom after his shower, looking me over.

"Do I look bad?" The way he was looking at me made me self conscious.

"No, you look absolutely amazing. Who knew a princess could still look so attractive in such a plain outfit?"

"When did you become so cheesy," I mock him. He rolls his eyes going to his closet to pull on basically the same outfit that I have on, except his jeans had holes in them. I have to say, he looks sexy in those jeans. I feel the blush coming back to me as I walk to the front door. I throw on my red converse, waiting for Yoongi to come out.

He comes out within a few minutes, taking my hand as we make our way to his car. He opens the passenger side, allowing me to get in. It's so strange to see Yoongi acting like a gentleman when all we ever did was fight in the beginning. When did it become like this?

Once I was settled in he walked over to the driver's side to get in. It's so weird, I used to hate this man, but now I can't seem to imagine my life without him. He literally has me in the palm of his hand, I would do anything for him.

I feel his hand give my leg a gentle squeeze without looking at me. I lightly put my hand on top of his, smiling at the warmth his hand is emitting to the spot he's holding. We pull into the carnival, and I begin to get excited like a little kid at Christmas. Yoongi laughs at my excitement, placing his arm around my waist as we walk together into the place.

We walk by so many booths and games until we come to a basketball one. Yoongi, being his confident cocky self, decided to play the game. Much to my surprise he actually made all of the baskets. I stare at him wide eyed as he shoved a giant stuffed unicorn in my face with that gummy smile. I take the stuffed animal, staring at him lovingly. How can you have such an effect on me Yoongi?

I look around me, too nervous to look at him. When I spot a familiar figure I drop my new present. My body begins to tremble as I sink to the ground. I clutch at my chest to steady my breathing. Yoongi looks in the same direction I am to see the same person. It can't be him, there's no way. They wouldn't let him roam free. Wait, the closer I look I see a small bell around his neck. Oh God, are they treating him as some pet?