Chapter 10: It's Only Been 3 Months

Marissa's Pov

"How's your father," Minho asks concerned.

"Getting worse and worse every passing day. He is now bedridden for the next 3 months, that is if he can survive the next 3 months. He's just growing weaker and weaker, there's no telling when he'll die at this point. I'm going through hell right now Minho, I can't bare to watch my father wither away slowly, leaving me behind."

My heart was shattering at the thought of losing my father, the only parent I have in my life. The one who raised me, who was there for me every step of the way, the one who had supported me through everything. I'm losing him.

"You still have Jungkook, Jackson, Mark, Hoseok, Jimin, Jin, Namjoon, and of course me, you're not going to be completely alone. Jackson's parents are moving to allow all of us to move in with him knowing your circumstances. His father is even thinking about having you both be co-owners of both the club and dance studio, how much more perfect can it get?" I know Minho was trying to cheer me up, but I was losing my father.

"I know everything sounds good and all, it just means nothing when you're powerless to keep the only parent in your life alive. Minho I understand I have all of you, but I won't have any blood relatives anymore. My father only has up to three more months to live, do you know how hard it is to cope with something like that?" She doesn't respond, instead we sit in silence as silent tears race down my cheeks.

"We're going out," Minho suddenly stated.

"Where? I don't feel like going anywhere."

"Too bad, I'm calling up the boys and we're taking you out, you need some fresh air. I won't take no for an answer." I let out a sigh while she phones Hoseok to gather up the crew to take me out.

Before I leave I walk into my dad's room to let him know that I'm going out for a bit.

Why isn't he in a hospital you ask? Well, he said that he wanted to spend his remaining days in the comfort of his own home, so they turned his room into a hospital type of room. Nurses and doctors check on him daily to make him as comfortable as they can. The sight of his body slowly deteriorating is really horrific, I don't let anyone else see him besides Yuho.

I was looking at my father. His cheeks were hollowed out, his skin lost all color. His body was looking really frail and skinny, as if one touch and his limbs would just break off. I hated to see him looking this weak and powerless.

How's Yuho taking all of this? She's staying by his side as promised, it is taking a toll on her though. She looks more tired every time I see her, her movements are more sluggish, she seems to be getting really depressed lately, and she's not even eating properly. I'm beginning to worry about her along with my dad.

"Daddy, I'm going out with the gang, please do not hesitate to call me if anything happens okay," I whisper to him, kissing him on the forehead.

"Have fun dear," He whispers back very weakly.

I walk downstairs to be greeted by the gang, they were all trying to smile when they spotted my depressed form descending the stairs. To not worry them any I smile back, putting my worries to the back of my mind for the time being.

We start walking to the park, since it's now spring time and the weather is a lot nicer.

"There's nothing the doctors can do?" Mark keeps asking this question, and I always have the same exact answer .

"Sadly no, his body is slowly shutting down, soon he'll be gone forever." I look to the sky, sitting on the bench next to Mark.

He places his hand on mine, rubbing it to comfort me. I look at him to smile slightly, I give a bittersweet smile instead. I just wish I could trade places with my dad so he wouldn't have to suffer like this. Any moment at any given time he can go in the blink of an eye, his condition is unpredictable.