Chapter 26: Meeting The Family

Marissa's Pov

I'm finally being discharged from the hospital. It's been 2 weeks since I've woken up. Two hellish weeks with all of the physical and mental therapy.

"How's my princess?"

"Again, when did you become so cheesy," I mock Yoongi.

"When you became my girl," He simply replies. I can't help but blush at his statement.

"Why are you dressed in a suit? You're only picking me up," I ask, trying to change the subject.

"My parents want to meet you," He whispers. His gaze is on the floor.

"You have parents," I yell.

"Of course I do! Who doesn't have-" He stopped himself. He looks at me apologetically.

"It's okay Yoongi. I mean, they may be dead, but in reality I did have parents. That's how I'm here after all."

"Here, put this on," He says handing me a black lace dress that stops at the knees. The top half of the dress hugs the body, whereas the bottom of it flares out. It's a really elegant dress. He also pulls out a pair of black heels to go with it.

I go into the hospital's bathroom to change. There's just one problem, my hair is a mess. I hesitantly walk out, looking very troubled.

"What's wrong baby girl? Do you not like the outfit?"

"No, I love it. It's my hair, it looks a mess."

"Don't worry, I made a hair appointment for you. Speaking of which, we have to get there now before they can't take you," he states looking at the time. I quickly fill out the paperwork.

Yoongi takes my hand as he leads me to his car, opening the passenger door for me to get in. After I settle in he goes around getting into the driver's side. He gives me an angelic smile before driving off. I just sit there, admiring the figure sitting next to me.

He really is a handsome young man. I start laughing at my own comment.

He looks at me raising an eyebrow. "What's so funny?"

"Oh, I was just thinking how you're really handsome. Also, how I used to completely hate you. I never wanted anything to do with you, but look at where we are now. I'm meeting your parents for crying out loud. Oh Gosh, I'm meeting your parents! What if they hate me?! What if they disapprove of me?! What if they try to come in between us?! What if-" I was cut off by Yoongi's lips on mine. I widen my eyes, my breathing finally calming down.

"Relax will you? You have nothing to fear, in fact they want to meet you to thank you," He says calmly.

"Thank me?"

"Yes. Thanks to you I finally made a choice to contact them again. You see, I gave up my previous life when I started my gang. I left them without a trace. I abandoned them. When I started realizing how precious family is was when I saw how you talked about your father. That fateful day of his funeral made me see the true value of family. I should be thanking you too, you changed me for the better Marissa. If you never met me the first day of school then who knows where I'd be right now."

I just stared at him. "I um, I guess you're welcome," I quietly whisper. I look at my folded hands, too embarrassed to look at him.

He pulls into a shopping mall, getting out to let me out.

"We're here," He says, opening my door. I walk into the salon, gawking at it. This is a high end salon.

"Hello there, what can I do for you," a middle aged woman greets us.