Chapter 15: I Think I'm Falling For You

Yoongi’s Pov

I wake up the next day with Marissa wrapped in my arms. I hug her tighter, afraid that once I let go, this won't ever happen again. I don't understand what's going on with me, this feeling in my stomach is so new, so different.

What are you doing to me Marissa Reeds? Why am I so interested in you? Why can't I just leave you alone? Why do I have the need to keep you all to myself?

I sigh as I untangle myself from her, getting up to leave. I take one last glance at her sleeping figure, then I close the door quietly. I have to get rid of these unwanted feelings, and only way to do that is to get with someone else.

I just can't be around you Marissa, you're not the one for me. I know of the plan I'm supposed to execute, it's just that I'm afraid of hurting you again.

I head back to our hideout/base to meet up with everyone else. They're all looking at me with anticipation, slowly turning their expressions to confusion once they see my depressed form.

“What happened?" Eric asks, looking at my defeated form.

"We should stay away from her. Actually, I'm thinking that it's about time I go back to college, leave all of this behind. Eric, you're officially the new leader, I'm more than happy to leave it in your hands. Just promise me two things?"

"Sure, whatever you want," He replies with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Please leave Marissa Reeds alone from now on, and try to make this gang into a good gang. I'm tired of seeing us be the bad guys," I whisper pleadingly.

"Consider it done, but if we do become good, you have to join us again. Come check on us once in a while to see our progress." He smiled at me, giving me a fist pump.

"Do you even know what to do?"

"Protect innocent people from rampaging gangs. We figured that sooner or later you would want to turn us around, so we examined all gangs. We kept a close eye on them, following their every move. We'll turn around Suga, go be with Marissa." His words took me by surprise. I can't be with her, not yet anyway. I need to see where her feelings lie for me.

"I can't, I hurt her in high school. I played with her, tricked her, led her on, dumped her to the side like she was some scrap that I no longer needed after I got what I wanted from her. She would be pretty stupid to fall for me after all I've done to her," I say with tears trickling down my cheeks. It finally hit me with how much of an asshole I actually have been to her.

"You have it bad man. You really fell for her. I've never seen you this upset over a girl, normally you move on to the next girl if it doesn't work out for you. Looks like you found the one, and that's special. Don't you dare let her escape from you, talk to her, get her, and never let her go."

For once his words sounded encouraging. I gave a small smile as I walked away to come across a confused Jungkook.

What is he doing here? Did he hear all of that?

"I can help you hyung," He says softly.

"What are you talking about?"

"I heard everything. I can help Marissa forgive you, but you have to promise me one thing."

"What is it?"

"Promise me you won't hurt her again. Tell me that this is for real this time, that your feelings for her are real." He looks away, tears pricking the corner of his eyes.

"I'm confused myself Jungkook. I'm not sure how I feel about her. I'm sorry, I can't tell you any of that without figuring myself out first."

I place my hand on his shoulder, giving him a smile and then walking away.