Chapter 22: A Fight for Our Lives

Jungkook's Pov

One week so far. One week has passed and they are still unresponsive. I've been coming day and night to see if they're progressing, sadly no change has come about. I continuously stare at the sad state that they're in. Please tell me you two will be fine. I don't know what I'd do if you guys don't make it out of this. I feel tears stain my face. This is all I do, sit here silently praying that they'll return and cry when seeing them make no improvements. I can't take this, it's torturing me to no end. They are literally in a battle for their lives.

"Kookie, when's the last time you showered," Taehyung whispers to me.

"I don't know," I reply.

"Ate?"

"Don't know."

"Slept?"

"Can't." At this point he sighs as he walks next to Yoongi.

"Yo shithead, wake up soon so my Kookie could look like a decent human being again. You're stronger than this Yoongi, you're supposed to be able to survive anything, so please come back to us."

Then he walks over to Marissa, looking at her with sadness. "You need to get up too. I haven't even apologized properly to you, you're a beautiful human being who belongs in this world. Please do not give up so easily Maris, you're an incredible individual who's strong. Please come back to us, you have too many people who love and care for you." He comes back to me smiling slightly. He begins to cry himself, creating a ping in my heart. I look at him with fresh tears pricking my eyes.

"Here again Kookie," Minho asks. I just nod my head at her. She comes in to replace the withered flowers with fresh ones. This is our daily routine, coming and going.

"They'll make it pass this guys, please don't look as if there's absolutely no hope," She says barely above a whisper. Her back is still turned to us. What will the ending be for these two? What does fate have in store for them?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Minho's Pov

"Where are you heading Minho," Hoseok questions me.

"To the hospital."

"No change?"

"No, they are still in a coma," I sigh. He hugs me close to him.

"I'll come with you today, it's about time I visited them."

"It's okay Hoseok, I know how much it destroys you seeing them in that state, so you don't have to show up at all."

"I want to, they are as much of my friends as they are yours. I'll be fine." I could tell he was hurting a lot.

"If you insist, but I want to stop to get fresh flowers first, the ones there now are withering away."

We walk out in silence. The sadness looming in the air doesn't go unnoticed, it actually consumes us both. What if they never wake up? No Minho, do not utter those forbidden words! They will wake up! They will be lively and well in no time, do not think negatively. Think positive! Positive thoughts are always helpful! They'll wake up, they'll wake up, they'll wake up. Even though I try to be positive, the negative thoughts consume me. Walking into the flower shop I come across Namjoon, Jimin, Jin, Minji and Jackson. They look at me surprised to see me.

"What brings you here," Namjoon's the first to speak up.

"I came to get fresh flowers for Yoongi and Marissa."

"Weird, so were we," Jimin chimes in.

We all pick out a different bouquet to bring to the hospital. We make our way to their room, me being the first to enter the room to see a distraught malnutritioned Kookie and a very depressing Taehyung. They must come here a lot. You look like hell Kookie.