Chapter 32: Finding a Medium

Marissa's Pov

I woke up in warm familiar sheets, instantly shooting out of bed. I fall right back down with my head pounding, wondering what I did wrong to deserve this life.

I tiptoe out of the room, afraid of someone catching me while I try to escape. Unlucky for me I see everyone in the living room just staring at one another. My heart beats out of my chest when Yoongi and I lock eyes. I feel guilt creep into my heart when I think about the petty argument we had, the one that I left him over.

I regret not taking him into my arms. I regret not forgiving him and giving him another chance. It wasn't even his fault to begin with, it was because Jin blamed me for everything. He hated me, no matter how much he tried not to.

"I see you're up," Yoongi observes. He stands up, reaching his hand out, signaling me to sit down. I hesitantly walk through the room, sitting down next to Yoongi. He sits back down, placing his hand on my leg.

A spark ignites itself in me with such a light touch. I look around the room, my eyes falling on a crestfallen Jin. I suck in a breath when he doesn't even look at me, instead he averts his gaze to the fireplace. I'm not going to lie, that stung me a little.

"It's time we spoke about these past events leading up to the death of our friends. I want all who blame Marissa to stand up now so we are clear on who we need to bring together in this," Yoongi spoke. Jin, Minho, and Jimin all stand up, where Jungkook, Jackson, Mark, Taehyung, and Yoongi all remain seated. I look around the room, disappointment evident on my face.

"Okay, so now we know who is truly involved we all have to find a medium. I want all who blame Marissa to give their side of the story, then Marissa will speak out. Hopefully we can reconcile the friendships between all of you guys. This is the time we need one another," Yoongi exhaustedly exhales. I look at him, just now realizing how tired he looks from all of the stress of this back and forth bickering.

"I'll go first," Minho pipes. All eyes turn to her to see her glaring at me. "We have warned you time and time again to stay out of that part of town, but you never listened to us, hence creating the mess we are in now. You are to blame because you were the one to get yourself involved with the worse gang there is known to man. How do you expect me not to blame you," She states, sitting down after her speech. I can feel the tears already welling up in my eyes. I look to my folded hands, twirling my thumbs around.

"I'll go second then," Jimin speaks up. This time I don't bother to look up, I just let him speak. "Two of my best friends lost their lives because of your stupidity. You were always so careless, going everywhere without a sense of danger. Yes you were able to handle yourself, but did you even think of those who would've been drug into the same mess? I don't think you even stopped to think of what the consequences would've been to those who always hung around you. I really feel as if you were thinking of yourself instead of the whole group. In all honesty I think you should've stayed in America and never came here. If you never have shown up here then we would still all be alive, you ruined us," He finishes with a harsh tone. My breathing starts becoming irregular, replaying his words over and over again in my head. Yoongi grabs my hand, squeezing it to calm me down. It helps a little as I wait for the last person to speak.

"I just want to say you knew how much I had loved Joonie. We were an inseparable pair, that is until death took him away from me. If you hadn't gotten involved with that particular gang we wouldn't be here right now. I'm sorry Marissa, but a part of me wishes that you never woke up from that coma, then maybe, just maybe Joonie would be consoling me right now. I really don't think there is any room for you in our group, you should leave. Return to America, don't come back to us," Jin finishes. He sits down with the rest of the group, the whole room silent.