Chapter 8: A Day with Jackson

“Thank you for helping me back there, if it weren't for you a fight would've broken out." I show him my gratitude.

"Hey, a fight isn't going to break out while I'm around. Why do you even give in to them?" He just shrugs it off.

"Because Minho is my best friend and she's dating Jin, so it all kind of goes hand in hand."

"Do you like everyone?"

"Only Minho, Jin, Jungkook, Jimin, Namjoon, and Hoseok."

"Why not only hang out with them then? Talk to those 6 and tell them that you're willing to hang out with them as long as the other two aren't around,” He suggests.

"That's the best advice anyone can give me. So, now that you're all showered and ready to go, where are we going,” I ask him as I try to change the subject.

"To a dance studio."

"Dance studio?"

"Yup my father is a dance studio owner by day and a club owner by night." He had a sheepish grin on his face. Just how many businesses does this guy's father own?

"Wow, no wonder why you have a huge mansion,” I gawk when we get to his house. The driveway itself was a mile long. I was shocked at how big this place was.

We walk in, me waiting in the living room timidly for Jackson to get ready. I just sat there, not willing to move in fear of breaking something. Soon, Jackson joins me while wearing skinny jeans and a black t-shirt.

"Let's get going,” He says. I just look up to him, slowly nodding my head. I wanted to get out of here and fast. I didn't want to be here, I felt too awkward. We walk down the steps to the front door when a woman stops us.

"Jackson dear, where are you heading?" I look to the woman before us. She seemed to have this elegance about her with her pin straight black hair, piercing dark eyes, bold red thin lips and a petite frame. Her skin had a slight tan to it. She was wearing a black sleek dress that hugged her body with black heels that shined under the fluorescent lights.

"Welcome back mom, I've missed you." He walks up to her to give her a welcome home hug. This is his mother? She looks too young to be a mom.

"Who's this young girl?" She stands up straight, looking in my direction as she asks that.

"Someone I met at the club last night. A lot of events happened and we kind of became friends,” Jackson states.

"Hmmm, what's your name dear? Where are you from? How long have you been in Korea?" What's with all of these questions? Why are parents like this? Is this how all parents are?

"Hello ma'am, my name is Marissa. I come from America and I've been here for almost a year. My father had to transfer here for work, so this is more of a permanent stay,” I still answer her questions, despite the awkwardness that is choking me.

“How about you two stay here and hang out in the indoor pool,” She turns her attention back to her son.

"Moooom, I'm taking her to the dancing studio, but I'll bring her back for dinner.” He sounded a bit embarrassed, causing me to giggle quietly.

"Okay honey, be sure to take care of her. Don't let any danger come to her. I'll be seeing you at dinner dear,” She waves us off, her going up the stairs.

"It was very nice meeting you ma'am." I bow to her in a respectful manner. She turns around, giving us a smile as Jackson pulls me out of the house.

The walk to the studio only took about 10 minutes to get to. It felt way too short because I was enjoying my time with Jackson. When we get there I see Hoseok looking perplexed.