Chapter 3

Harry sprinted after Malfoy, ignoring the blood dripping onto his robes and the calls from his friends.

He followed him through the door to the Room of Requirements before the door sealed and transformed into a part of the wall.

He watched as Draco cried in a corner. He couldn't help but stare in awe as his wings wrapped around himself.

Draco Malfoy used to be his sworn enemy, but had he somehow gained feelings for the boy?

Harry didn't know how long he stood there for, acknowledging Draco's beauty.

Suddenly, Malfoy reached for a sharp blade that appeared beside him, eyes drenched with tears.

"No! Draco!" Harry shouted, startling the blond boy who managed to throw the blade in Potter's direction.

He missed, giving Harry a chance to stand beside him in one piece.

"Draco, why would you want to hurt yourself?"
The green eyes the boy owned shone with tears as he sat beside the Veela and snuggled his head into his wing.

Whimpering, he scooped up Harry and cradled him close to his body.
Potter couldn't have been more comfortable in his life.

"Draco." He purred, cuddling even closer into him, "You're so comfortable to cuddle with."

He heard the whimpers turn into a giggle, and he smiled.

"See, now you're happy!" He rubbed his nose against the other boy's, making him blush.

"Harry, I really think we should be getting some lunch." He grumbled, checking the time.

"Wait," He pouted, stradling Draco who gasped, "I wanna stay here."

The blond wrapped his arms and wings around them both, giving Harry warmth and Draco happiness.

"I really like your wings. I think they're beautiful." He looked up to see Malfoy beaming.

"Thank you. You're beautiful too." He muttered, making Potter blush and hide his face in the Veela's chest.

After minutes of endless cuddles, Harry decided it was time to leave.

"Potter, y'know I didn't choose my mate. So if I ever get touchy with you or anything, it's not me. I don't mean to. My Veela side does it. I don't want you to be my mate just as much as you don't want to be mine." He lied, not wanting the boy to think he had went soft and lovey all of a sudden.

Harry's face fell and he looked down, a tear escaping his eyes.
"I-I... I've got to go, Malfoy."

He rushed out of the room. His Veela didn't want him. He didn't have the heart to reject him and watch him die, although it's probably the only reason Malfoy's still stuck with him.
They had only been classed as mates for a few hours, surely there had to be a spell to change that fact.

He rushed to the common room, where he was immediately smacked on the back of the head with a book.
" 'Mione!" He hissed.

Draco suddenly felt a sharp pain on the back of his head and he started to growl.
Somebody had hurt his mate.
Somebody had hurt Harry.

He rushed to the Gryffindor common room, knocking harshly on the door.

When a first year opened up, he pushed past them and further in.
"Where's Harry?" His voice came as a calm whisper, but he was expecting himself to yell.

A second year spotted the fact his eyes were changing colour and pointed him deeper into the common room, just behind the blondie.
He turned around to see the golden trio laughing and playing chess.

"Harry!" He smiled and his wings managed to raise the boy up from the ground and towards Draco.

"Malfoy? Malfoy, let me go!" He yelled.

"Harry, be careful with wording-" Hermione was interupted and ignored as Potter carried on.

"You don't want me as a mate and I don't want you to be my Veela!"

She facepalmed as Harry was dropped to the floor along with Draco, who was clutching his stomach.

"-Or he might think you've rejected him." She finished before flicking Harry's head, "He could die! You've rejected him!"

"He said it himself. He hates me-"

"Harry..." Ron raised an eyebrow yet Potter carried on.

"-And I hate him! I'm definately not gay anyways!"

"Harry," Draco sobbed, "Please..."

He watched as the boy screamed in pain, falling onto his back.

"How long, 'Mione?!" Weasley pressured, checking if Malfoy was breathing.

"Uhm,the day's pretty much up in a few hours- so I guess one or two hours?" She paced back and forth as everyone watched.

"Harry!" His shrieks made everyone cover their ears, "I-I need you! My mate! Please!"

He sighed and walked over to him, bending down.

"Draco..."

"Please..." He begged, tears falling onto his wings.

"But you said you didn't want me to be your mate....And we're both straight!"

"I do, I do!" His voice grew weaker, "Please, you can't let me die..."

"Fine. I accept you, Draco. I'll be your mate." He mumbled, rolling his eyes.

"Prove it, Harry." Ginny whispered, pushing him forward. Luckily, Malfoy caught him with his wings which then placed him ontop of the boy.

"How?" He hissed to the female red head, but Draco was already pressing kisses up and down the other boy's neck.

"Draco, what are y- ohhh god yes." He groaned and relaxed against the Slytherin's chest.

"Erm, guys, you're still in the Gryffindor common room." A fourth year reminded, making Harry jump up.
"Oh shit yeah. Uhm, I'll see you tomorrow?"

He pulled Draco up who pouted and shook his head.
"I can't sleep without you."

"You've just got togeth-"
"Ron, a very over protective Veela can rip your fucking throat out, so keep your mouth shut." Hermione hissed.
"Oh how charming." He muttered, earning a flick from her.

"Malfoy-"

"My mate!" He growled, "Mine! You need to stay with me!"

Harry looked back at Ron and Hermione hopelessly, before sighing and nodding. Draco grinned and pulled him close, pressing a kiss on his cheek.

"Didn't Dumbledore say about that room, Malfoy?"

Thanks, 'Mione. Harry thought sarcastically, before being pulled off to Albus' office.