Sweet Shop Meetup- AU P2

A few years later
Scorpius was attending his fourth year at Hogwarts on September the first. Meanwhile, over the holidays, he had to watch his dad be romantic to another man. He had started to feel jealous and angry about Potter living with them and his dad and him going out, for many purposes; Draco hardly payed attemtion to his son or showed he loved and cared to him anymore, and it was as if he had just replaced their mother with Harry.
And because him and Albus Longbottom were dating, until he found Albus cheating on him which lead him to feel bitter towards the feeling of love itself.
The two other men didn't need to know that, no, not yet and hopefully not ever.

"Honey, get the jam, please." He heard his dad call in the kitchen, and turned around to look.
"Aren't I already sweet enough?" Harry joked, causing Draco's son to roll his eyes.
"Clearly not." He snapped.
They both raised their eyebrows at him.
"Scorpius-" He tried warning but was rudely interupted-
"You aren't my mother! Or father!" He hissed, "So stop acting like one. Do me that favour, yeah?"
"Harry, I-"
"It's okay. He's right." Potter mumbled, "What do you want on your toast, Scorpius?"
He was polite when speaking to the fourteen year old. It wasn't his child. He knew that. He just thought that he was becoming like a father to the boy, but was clearly wrong.
Malfoy simply ignored him.
"Scorps? I asked you a question-"
"Then find an answer."

Draco frowned.
"Scorpius Malfoy, go wait in your bedroom. I need to talk to you about you speaking back-"
"What a fun time!" He grumbled sarcastically, "As great as that sounds, father, I have somebody to meet in a few hours."
He stood up, about to leave when-
"Scorpius, you are going nowhere! Get up in your room! I'm the dad!"
"And where's my mum, dad?! Six feet under, isn't she? Didn't stop you from getting a new boyfriend!"
The blond child left, stomping up to his room and slamming the door.
"Harry, I'm sorry. He just really loves his mum, and I guess I was being selfish-"
"It's alright, Draco." He smiled, playfully rolling his eyes but just by looking at him, it was clear to see he was on the verge of tears, "He has a point. I am not his parent. Perhaps I should stop acting like one."
"Babe, we've been dating for like six years now. I thought he was used to you doing that-"
"I have no right to do it, Draco. I am not his parent." He repeated, "I'm just going to go out, yeah? I'll be back soon."

"No, Harry, please-"
"He doesn't like me! And he wont. I wouldn't have liked another man being with my dad if my mother had died and I'd gotten a proper chance to meet them both. Let it go, Draco. I'll be fine. Let me just-"
"Not right now, Potter. You need to stay with me-"
"I can see why he's so upset!" He sighed, rubbing his temples, "I think I know why, anyway. Everytime he tries to have a father and son talk, you bring me into it. You have to be around me constantly. I love that, don't get me wrong, but he's probably feeling left out. You're all he had after his mother passed and I bet he feels as if he doesn't even have you anymore."
The blond frowned and hugged the other man.
"I know, I try to make things good for him but it's hard. I miss him being around all the time. I miss making memories with him without him feeling the need to judge me. I hate how I'm a bad father to him, but I want him to see."
"See what?"
"Why I love you. I want him to love you for all the reasons I do, except in a father-to-son way. I still love his mum and respect her, but I've fallen in love with you. You make me happy now. He just doesn't understand-"
"He's a child, Draco. A fucking fourteen year old would understand. He does. But when was the last time you took him to his mothers grave? When was the last time you told him stories about you and his mum? When was the last time you kissed your child and told him that you loved him? You already know this, Mal, but by the time you reach teenage years, the worst thing to stress about isn't the monster under your bed anymore. It's your own head. Just please ask your son whether he's okay! Check on him. Make sure he always comes before me, okay? Make sure he's physically and mentally alright, ask him if anything is troubling him. Have a fatherly conversation with him. Before I stepped in and ruined your lives and home, you were his best friend. He probably feels so lonely. I would go myself if I was his father."

Draco's Veela Side (Drarry)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें