Chapter 48

Harry's POV.
I fumbled beside my for my wand, to see it wasn't there. Pomfrey had obviously confiscated it whilst I was asleep.
"You-you complete dickhead! Get out! Don't you dare insult my family; you're the only no-good one here! You're a weak coward, you hear? A weak coward! Nobody would ever love you!"

My words must have struck him in the heart, because I watched his expression fall.
"I-You- I wish you had died!"
With that he got up and strode away, robes flying behind him in his little fit. I sniffled, trying to stop crying but it didn't work. I especially didn't want to see Ron and Hermione right now; All I wanted was peace. I wanted to go back to sleep. I wanted to be with my parents.

"Harry-?"
"Hermione, leave me alone! You two have obviously buddied up with Malfoy and replaced me! If I didn't mean that much to you, you could have said... Just leave. I need to sleep. If one word comes out of either of you, I'm calling Madam Pomfrey. You can inform her I've not awoken and that the plug can be pulled."
I grunted, placing my head on the pillow.
"Harry-"
"Stop!"
"But, mate-"
"I am no mate of yours!"
"Yes, you are. You have to understand what Draco has went through to be here."

That set me off. I sat up, raging.
"And none of the others had to walk through hell to get here too?! Hermione, I've watched people I loved die-!"
"You think I haven't?!" Ron interupted, furious, "What about Fred, Harry?!"
"I had to oblivate my own parents memory for this-"
"Oh, wow, Hermione! Join the fucking orphan club! Atleast yours aren't dead! What are you on about, Ron? He was like a brother to me, too! I was just as devasted as everyone else to see him die, but that's one out of the countless others that lost their lives! They all matter just as much! What about Remus? Sirius? My parents?! Dobby?! Dumbledore?! Severus?!" I barked.
Hermione hissed in anger and the Weasley just frowned.
"You've been through shit. So? Me and Hermione have too. You can't keep acting as though it was only you who suffered. All because you had the worst, doesn't mean our pain can be silenced! Stop being so selfish!"

"You don't understand. You wouldn't! You've had love all your life; a parent love, a sibling love and a girlfriend! Me? Fuck, I had abuse. Abuse, Ronald! If you're trying to tell me yours is as bad as mine, it's a fucking joke."

"No, Harry. Yours was bad. Yours was tragic, we know. But who went to the trouble of saving you from your aunt and uncle that year even though they knew their parents would go barking mad at them? Yeah, me! And who saved you multiple times by using her brain and setting a teachers cloak on fire? Hermione! That Giant Chess playing? I sacrificed my life so you and Hermione could live. The thing is, we've all felt pain. It all hurt the same, whether it'd be losing a loved family member or watching your friend fall into a coma. Even chipping a nail; You need to get over it! Me and my parents made such a strong effort to see you, Harry. We had nothing! Nothing! We were pratically poor, but we'd still offered you money. We still treated you. We still loved you! You're going to throw that all away because we've become friends with Malfoy? The boy who cared about you more than anything? The boy who basically loves you, Harry! And we know you love him, too. He snuck out each night and cried by your bed, holding your hand and hoping you'd wake! He'd always say such sweet, soft words to you, and now you've woke up you're being a grumpy twat! He has every right to be angry! We all wasted time on you! You just used us so you could say you saved the wizarding world. What about me and 'Mione, Potter? Do we not matter to you anymore?"

I ignored him, head pressed against my pillow as I faced the wall with tears rolling down my face. Say what ever you want, Weasley. It's no use.

"Come on, 'Mione. We can see when we aren't needed."
I heard them get up and a loud whisper came from my mouth.
"Different when he was calling you mud-blood, though."
"He's changed!" Hermione defended and a small laugh escaped my mouth.
"It's impossible to change people, Hermione. You just have to love them."
"Whatever. Come on."
Ronald, you and your temper tantrums are worse than me.