Chapter 30

He woke up from his sleep which was horrible without Potter clinging to his waist and stood up.
It had been 6 hours since Harry rejected him. He hadn't slept for that long, he'd just been colouring to calm him down. It worked, but he was still upset.

Only 18 more hours left. He thought, taking a deep breath. It'll all be over soon.

He fell back onto his bed and sighed as the pain came hurtling back to him.
This was it.
He'd never get the future he planned with Harry, all because some asshole wanted to start making rumours about them.

He heard a faint and soft Draco but he knew it must have been in his head.
"Go away!" He shouted at himself, hitting his head into his pillow, "You took away my sunshine! Y-you promised! You asshole! You've failed!"
He felt as if he was going insane, talking to himself, but he was on the edge of dying.

Sweat started to build up, making him throw off his top.
Again came the voice.
'Draco...'
He broke down, thinking about Potter.
"Stop playing tricks on me! He's happy now I'm going to die! I'm worthless!" He screamed at himself.

Suddenly the door burst open and Hermione stood there, raising an eyebrow, causing him to give her one in return out of confusion and embarressment. Had she heard all of that?

" 'M-Mione? What is it?" He gulped, trembling slightly.
"You hadn't turned up to the Gryffindor common room, and you weren't in Snape's office where he left you, either."
"Well why should I waste time, Hermione? It's hopeless. I'm filth. He'll never believe me. I didn't cheat. I wouldn't ever do anything like that... Not to him."

"He does care about you, Draco." She sighed.
"W-was it you calling me?"
"No, but I heard you screaming. I dragged Harry here with me, he's in your common room." She signalled for him to go with her but he shook his head.
"Leave me be. I'd like to die in peace. J-Just leave. Want to know the worst bit?" He bit his lip as he sniffled.
"What?"
"He said he didn't trust me."

"Draco..." Her voice filled with pity, which Malfoy hated. His wings shot out and he growled.
"I don't need your pity."
"I-"

"Malfoy."

The slytherin turned his head to see the figure beside her, who had tears running down his cheeks, avoiding eye contact.
His wings fluttered hopelessly by his side and his eyes turned back to silver.

It always calmed Draco, hearing Harry's voice. He didn't know why, it just reassured him.

Potter glanced back at the ground again after looking at Hermione, then locking eye contact with Malfoy and sighed with a small nod.
"I love you."
Draco was speachless. He stared at Harry for a while until the raven haired boy glanced back at the ground, cowering away from the Slytherin's eyes.

He just stood there, staring at the Gryffindor infront of him. Hermione decided it was best to go and take a seat beside Ronald so she was out of the way, leaving the two boys staring at each other.

"Draco, please say something." He begged, a tear slipping from his eye.
He shut his eyes as he cried, not even opening them when he heard approaching footsteps.

The blond lifted the other's chin with his index finger, his other hand softly wipping away The Boy Who Lived tears with his thumb.
"Oh, princess, don't cry. What's wrong? Why are you upset?"

Harry fluttered his eyes open, chin wobbling as he looked into his Drakey's eyes.
"I failed you, Drake. I don't deserve to be with you, you're too good for me. I'm sorry for not believing you." He managed to get out between hiccups and sobs.

"Stop that, you're being silly. You haven't done anything wrong. I would be upset too if I heard you had been cheating on me!" He soothed, making Harry smile gently, "I'm just glad you trust me now. Are you okay?"
He didn't bother with a reply and just wrapped his arms around his Veela, crying into his chest.