Chapter 29

"Harry, it's been 4 hours. He's only got 20 hours left! Please speak to him. You know you don't want him to die, do you?"
Hermione placed a hand on Potter's knee.

"I'd never wish for him to die, but you heard everyone. Goyle's his real mate. He used me for-for sex. Therefore, what I've done has no effect on him." He gulped and shrugged, going back to finishing some homework.

"Harry James Potter, the boy who has cared for you and loved you could be in danger! Well whatever, I've told him to come to the Gryffindor common room."

"Hermione! Y'know what, I don't care. He won't come. I know him, he doesn't like too much attention." He crossed his arms, taking a glance at Ron to back him up.
"But he's a Malfoy, how could they not like attention?" Weasley grumbled, causing Granger to slap him.

"Harry, you said you met his parents and they were lovely!" Hermione said, her focus back on Potter.
"They are, they are." The green eyed boy hissed whilst the red head rubbed his cheek, "Look, I don't want to see him right now-"
"Would you rather look at him on his death bed tomorrow? Or will you come with me to the Slytherin common rooms? Because I have a plan."

"Plan for what?" He sighed, shaking his head, "It won't work, he hates me."
"It's a plan so you can trust him. Come along, little one."
Potter groaned as her and Ron pulled him out the portrait and down to the dungeons.
"Were would you rather be right now? If you could be with anyone, anywhere, were would it be?" Ron's tone was soft enough to hit the raven haired boy right in the feelings, making him look at the ground and bite back a cry.

"Honestly? In bed cuddled up to Draco, hearing him singing in my ear while I pretend to be asleep..." He smiled at the memory. Hermione heard his voice crack and she shook her head.
"What are you crying for? He'll be okay, we'll get there in time. I feel so bad for not believing him; of course he couldn't have cheated! Every second of the day he spent it with you!"

Harry frowned. "We're wizards, 'Mione, incase you've forgotten. Poly Juice Potion exists."

"Oh, whatever." She rolled her eyes as they paused infront of the dungeons.
"Hey, er, Harry, do you know the password?" Ron asked, rubbing the back of his neck, "Considering-"

"Yeah yeah," He took a breath and spoke clearly, "Salazar's snakes."
A door way appeared, leaving Hermione with a raised eyebrow.
"Salazar's snakes?" She whispered to Ron who shrugged.
"Don't ask me."

Granger took a step in first; most were finishing up at dinner yet some lay scattered about.
"Lions in the snakes den!" A fifth year yelled, jumping up from his crossed legged position infront of the fire, "Lions in the-"

"We get it, pipe down!" Ronald snapped, holding his ears, "Have you seen Goyle?"
"Why?"
"Answer the damn question." Harry hissed, "Now."

At that moment, the boy they were looking for came down the steps.
"Goyle, I need to ask you something!" Hermione shrieked, chasing after him.
"Better luck next time, honey, I'm gay." He smiled gently, and the Weasley clenched his fists.
"And I'm in a relationship," She spoke back, sounded fully disgusted at the vision of him and her dating, "Anyway, it's about Malfoy."

"Ugh, you've heard those rumours about me sleeping with him too? Well I'll tell you what, they're lies. Some second year did is as a joke because they thought it was funny to tease me because I'm gay. Stupid homophobics, 'ey, Potter? You get me, right?"
He glanced at Harry, running his eyes over his body.

"Yeah, I get you. Thank you for your time." He mumbled, flushing red a little in embarressment.
"My pleasure." The Slytherin winked.
" 'Oiy, he's taken." Ron hissed, standing infront of Harry, "And his boyfriend will kill you if he finds out what you just did."
"Erm, guys, we have about 18 and a half hours left. Times running out quickly! Hurry!"
Hermione pushed them back through the dungeon door, Potter smiling widely.

"So Draco didn't cheat-"
"Of course he didn't! It was a sick joke that he got pulled into, Harry, now can we find the dying boy?" Granger snapped, tapping her foot, "Were would he be?"

"Mrs Granger!"
They turned their heads to see Severus hurrying towards them.
"Here to take another thousand points off of Gryffindor, professor? Well it can wait, because we've got-"
"Shut up, Weasley." The man hissed, making Ron's face glow as red as his hair, "It's Draco-"

"We know, sir, we're on our way right now to find him! Who told you, anyways?" The said boy's mate retorted.
"Malfoy told me, and he's in my office. Come along, or are you planning to cause more trouble, Potter?" He sneered back.
"Shu-"
"Lead the way, sir." Hermione interupted, stamping on Harry's foot.

He clenched his jaw as he followed the older man and walked into his office.
"Where is he then, Snape? This is no time for games, he could be dying!"
"Potter, calm down. I told him to wait here, I do-"
"His room!" Granger squealed, "He kept telling me he wanted to die in his room in peace. He must be there!"

"I am not going back to that room." Severus shivered, thinking back to last time.
"Why?" Ron asked, confusion taking over in it's usual place which was his face.
"Long story short, Profesor Snape walked in on me and Draco naked, blah blah blah, whatever. Can we get going?"
"Oh merlin, Harry!" Hermione hissed, before they were all pushed out of his office.
"What?"

"Nevermind, we have better things to worry about then what you and Malfoy do in your spare time." The other boy raised his eyebrows as they edged on ahead, earning a wink and smirk from his raven haired friend.

Harry burst through the doors, hearing screaming he knew belonged to his blond kitten.
He shuffled awkwardly and sat down on their sofa beside Ron, urging Hermione to go in and talk to the boy first.

"Are you okay?" Ron asked gently, patting his back.
"I will be."