Misunderstanding- AU

Draco was out with Pansy, just chatting about his experiences with his husband to her as they ate in a muggle restuarant. Pansy had previously taken muggle studies so she knew how the money worked and stopped Malfoy from coming close to any mistakes that may make him seem unusual.
"So, what does Potter do again?"
"He's adorable, honestly, Panse. He'll be asleep with his back towards you, but then in seconds he'll turn around and cuddle close to you. He's shorter than me, as you know, so it's so cute when he makes little baby whines to make me hold him. He's honestly just amazing."

"Can I quote you on that?" She smirked.
"No!" Draco replied in a panicked tone, "No."
"Alright, fine. But why does that make him so good?"
"Because! He lets me do anything but will also do anything for me and he cuddles me and holds me when I'm upset and always tells me how much he thinks I'm worth and how much he adores me and why and he'll buy me things and cook for me when I'm being stubborn aswell as hug me and-and he stares at me so fondly, with-with eyes full of love and teases me but stands up for me, too, and when he's angry he'll yell but he'll never hit me and when I'm upset, even when he's upset himself, he'll apologise and cuddle me and compliment me and joke about and play with my hair and-"

"Take a breather, Malfoy!" Pansy urged.
He sighed.
"But that's not what I wanted to meet about."
"Really? 'Cause Potter is all you've been talking about for the past," She checked the time, "Hour."
"Yeah well, lately he's been at work a lot... Do you think he's, perhaps, cheating on me?"
"It's not like he goes to work to make money, y'know, like usual people do-"
"Pansy! I'm not in the mood for sarcasm. I mean staying late."
The blond observed her eyes shoot past him.
"So it wouldn't be a good time to mention the fact he's just entered with another man?" She asked casually.
"What?! Potter?!" Malfoy jumped forward, staring at the female in shock.
"Yes, Potter." She hissed, "Look."
He turned around and as he did so, a loud Potter! seemed to have left Parkinson's mouth.

Harry instantly shot his eyes in that direction as him and the man took a seat and, when he saw Draco, his smile widened and he waved excitedly. It seemed as though he was pardoning himself to the other fellow, before hurrying over to his husband.
Strange behaviour for a apparantly cheating man.
"Hey, Dray. You didn't tell me you were gonna be here-"
"So you could take your man somewhere else?!" He snapped, wipping his clear tears, "Just leave me alone-"
"Drake, we talked about jumping to conclusions. Now come and meet-"
"Your new boyfriend?" He scolded.
"My boss..." He raised his eyebrows, "We came to discuss the raise he's going to give me so I can take you on holiday this year..."
Draco frowned but looked at the female for help, who shrugged.
"He told you about assuming things." She stated in a dissaproving way, as though she had nothing to do with it.

"But Harry, I'm the only man you should be taking out for dinner."
"But he's going to give me a raise for this!" He mumbled desperately, "Just come and meet him, yeah? And be nice?"
"Why?! He has the guts to steal my man from me-"
Before he could speak another word, Potter had slammed him against the nearest wall.
"Ouch, ouch, Potter, th-that hurt." He whimpered, seemingly quite frightened. Harry didn't respond verbally.
All the black haired man did in reply was passionately smash his lips against his husband's, rubbing circles into the back he had just previously unintentionally injured by hitting against a wall.
As they broke away, the blond was too busy whimpering to actually form a sentence.
"It's okay. I love you, baby. Remember that, okay? Now, come on, don't be shy. Come meet my boss."
"But-But-"
Harry smiled.
"Cuddle?"
Malfoy nodded.
"When we get home, alright, honey?"
Draco scowled. He loved hugs too much to wait for one. His favourite thing was to huddle up to Harry when it was cold, to make them both nice and warm. Nobody knew him fully except Potter; this man was a complete softie, not at all a bully like he came across as.

With a laugh, the dark haired man pushed on his glasses and brought his husband over to his boss. Draco was clinging tightly to the others arm, too scared to move. He didn't like meeting new people anymore.
"So, sir, this is my husband." Harry stated proudly.
"Ah, you must be dragon. Am I correct in thinking that?" He raised his eyebrows, lowering his spectacles as he took a closer look at Malfoy.
"Dr-draco." He mumbled, blushing from the nickname Potter usually calls him.
"Yeah, that's just his nickname. Isn't that so, Dray?" He grinned.
Malfoy nodded slowly.
"Say hello then." His husband urged. No reply, "I'm sorry, he can become nervous when meeting new people nowadays."
"Why is that?" His boss questioned.
"He thinks everybody hates him for being a Malfoy-"
"Malfoy? I thought you were married. Is he not a Potter now?" The man asked a bit quickly, acting in disbelief.
"No... He wanted to stay a Malfoy..."
"Malfoy," He scoffed, "tragic name from people with horrid backgrounds."
"You're not too good yourself!" The old Gryffindor snapped, tightening the grip on his anxious lovers waist.
"No, Harry, calm down, it's alright-"
"No, babe, it's not. Sir, all due respect but you have no right to judge my husband at all."
"Do you want the raise or not?" He spat coldly.
Harry growled, "No. Forget it. I'm Harry Potter. I killed Voldemort for fuck sake! Surely I can find another job. I have enough money to take my man out anyway."
"You killed Voldemort while your husband worked for him." The boss stated coolly.
"You leave my husband alone. He's perfect. He's mine, and merlin help you if you ever mess with something in a Potter's possession. I love my husband to pieces. Why? Because he's a Malfoy. Draco Malfoy, to be exact. Good day, sir, and lord save you if I ever see you again." Potter hissed, turning around as the blond tugged on his coat like a terrified and lost kitten. He didn't like it when Harry was pissed off.

"Hon-Honey?" Draco stuttered, waving at Pansy as they passed who winked. The other grunted in response. The blond started to sweat; he really was nervous around Potter when he was mad. One wrong move and he's dead.
"Did-did you mean what you said back there?" He asked.
Harry froze.
"Are you frightened?"
"Wh-what? No-"
"I can feel you sweating. Babe," He sighed and faced the other, holding his face in his hands and squishing it to tease his husband, "When I get angry, it's because I care, or else I just wouldn't bother. But remember, no matter who I'm mad at, I will never hurt you. So don't be anxious. Let's go home, dear. And yes, I did mean it."
"Really?" He beamed, rubbing his nose fondly against Harry's, who smiled and shut his eyes with a nod. They both relaxed like that, feeling satisfied that they were both still just standing with one another for a few seconds.
"I'll help you look for a new job tomorrow. I think there's a space in my workplace, y'know." Draco spoke as they opened their eyes and broke away. The dark haired man grinned, kissed his lovers lips passionately and nodded.
"Well then that's brilliant."

A/N
that's short but took forever bc I'm busy a lot lately. Enjoy x