Single Father- Muggle AU

Harry huffed as he walked into his high school. It was Monday- James never behaved on a Monday.

After his parents, uncle and godfather all died in a car crash- unfortunately it was a very forceful crash- he'd had nobody to look after James Sirius Remus Potter.

At fifteen, he'd pathetically gotten drunk unlawfully and had sex with his best friend's sister, with no protection. Thus, after the child was born, the mother dumped him with Harry claiming she had nothing to do with the child and that it was all his fault. "Takes two to make a child, incase you weren't alreaty educated on the matter." He had said, though still got all the blame. It was his dick, it was his sperm, it was his fault.

It was her ass. Harry thought.

Potter had been taking care of the young boy ever since. Albeit it was difficult at times, he never once regretted caring for the child. Now Harry was sixteen with a one year old little boy who would cry his eyes out whenever his dad was away from him for too long.

Of course, Harry got teased and bullied, however he made sure not a single remark was sent towards his son; fortunately everybody had the respect not to say anything horrible about, or to, his son.

His best friend, Ron, didn't speak to him anymore since he found out that he got his sister pregnant at such a young age. It was just him and his son.

"James, please be good today." He pleaded, picking up his child and placing him on his hip. People passed by as James played with Harry's curly hair, Potter heading to his locker.

People would stare at him- nothing he wasn't used to. Some would tell him he had a cute kid. Nobody would offer to help. Some sketchy girls did, the ones with short skirts and makeup blotched on their faces- it wasn't their appearance he was bothered about. It was that every single one had fucked about three boys at least already. He knew he needed to keep to himself. It was a lonely life, him and his son, but who else did he have?

"James, we have English first. No yelling when the teacher's talking." He reminded; James 'blah'ed at him. The kid hated English. So did Harry, but you don't see him screaming about it.

"Blah, I know." He mumbled, walking towards the class as the bell signalled. He came across a girl who was dressed quite smartly; a black sweater with a silky white collar appearing from a top underneath, black skinny jeans. She had short black hair, curving around her face perfectly. She wasn't the prettiest of faces- okay, yes, she was.

"Excuse me?" She politely stopped him who nodded at her, "I've saw you around. You seem alone raising him, I can help if you wish in any way. No, I'm not trying to flirt so don't freak out because I have a boyfriend and you are probably too busy looking after your son to care about love, but please don't hesitate to contact me."

"O-oh. Th-thank you, really. You don't have to do that." He blushed, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I want to. I also have a friend who loves kids- he wants to be a teacher when he's older. Here, I wrote my number down in case I met you- again, not flirting." She reassured.

"Don't worry, I'm 100% gay after what his mother did. Bloody left me. I don't mind, obviously, I love my kid to pieces. Thank you ever so much. I'll be sure to contact you." He smiled and she beamed, nodding and scurrying to her lesson.

Harry walked into English class, the teacher observing him.

"Late, Mr Potter." He spoke gently.

"S-sorry, sir."

"Don't worry. Sit."

He nodded and followed orders, placing James in his lap.

Immediately the boy began to sob. Harry cringed and sighed.