Chapter 55

Harry's POV.
"Draco, d-don't hurt me." I begged as he pressed his foot on my stomach. It didn't hurt too much and he was being gentle, but I guess he had just gotten angry again. I couldn't see his face because my glasses were still on the night stand, however it wasn't hard to tell.
"I'm trying, however it's hard when I think of all the ways I could kill you. I could snap your next at exactly the right angle, choke you to death or simply used my wand... Wish for me to go on?" He asked, seeming to calm down as he listed the many ways to murder me while moving his foot as I scrambled to my feet.
"No! Please, no. I get the idea. Can I have my glasses?" I asked quietly.

Draco's POV.
I was thinking of throwing them at him to express my rage, yet I caught a glimpse of his terrified face and calmed down. He didn't deserve this. I sighed and placed my hand on his arm to ease him, but he stepped away.
"I-I just want my glasses." He mumbled, so I sat up, finding what he needed.
"Come here then." I calmed down, picking up his spectacles. The dark haired boy hesitantly came closer, so I pushed them on his face.
"Goodnight, Harry." I demanded, earning my confidence back. I stood up so I was level with him, even though I was taller by a few inches.
Potter hugged me, suprising me.
"I'm sorry." He choked, letting go of me and stumbling back.
"Look, Harry, I don't mean to get so mad. Just go to your room for tonight, okay-"
"Please let me help calm you down." He looked to the ground in dissapointment, "I can try."
"But what if I hurt you?"
"You could, but you wont." His eyes met mine and I knew exactly what he meant.
"Potter-"
"Draco, you care about me. You'd never put someone you love in danger. You're good like that. You can make mistakes, but the key is to never make them again. I learnt that the hard way." He grumbled, reminding me and himself of his past years at Hogwarts.
"Harry..." I took a deep breath, "I don't know for sure whether I wont hurt you."
"Do you have anger issues?"
I jumped back, startled by his question.
"I, er, perhaps?"
He shrugged and cuddled me close again.
"Well, whatever it is, whether it be a short temper or not, I'm staying with you tonight. You need me and I need you."
I glanced down at this boy who was holding onto me.

Everything else seemed to freeze. His words made my stomach feel warm, and my head started to go insane. Just staring at him made me feel so lucky; Who else had gotten this close to Harry Potter?
But his fame isn't at all what I was interested in- it was his little habits and his interests that I was so intrueged by. The way his lips turned up into a smile or how his cheeks flushed red; how his eyelashes fluttered uncontrollably when he was tired or how he pushed on his glasses carefully as if they could smash any second- which they probably could. The way he seemed to be so happy whilst watching a good film or reading, or how he got mad or upset over the littlest things. Anything...
I had begun to take notes on it all since he moved in with me and my mother, and hell was he a fascinating bloke. He wasn't like others. Not because he'd simply defeated Voldemort, however because he had a secret, clingy and nervous side once you'd gotten past his confident, clever and funny cover that he shared with the world.
The lovable side that nobody would surely ever turn down. But me? I got the luck to see all of these brilliant different aspects of his personality and I loved all of it. I loved him. I've knew it for a long time and so has he, yet I knew he couldn't ever feel the same. Not after he'd broken up with me.
But he was right; I do need him.
And he needs me.

I just stood there, completely still as I recalled the last hour in my brain. He'd said he liked me... Or was it just a figure of my imagination?
The fact he was clinging onto me so tightly... Or was it just an illusion?
The way he'd spoken to me like I mattered to him... Or was it all just a dream?
"Draco?"
I snapped back to reality, carressing the others cheek who held me and looked at me concerned, "Yes, Harry?"
"Are you okay? You look a bit... out." His eyebrows furrowed and his eyes squinted as if trying to read my mind, "Are you worried?"
"About what?" I asked, ultimately baffled at what he was talking about.
"The wedding?"
"What? Oh. That." I shrugged, shaking my head, "Nothing to be worried about."
His expression dropped.
"Are you looking forward to it?"
I noticed how his voice had lowered in joy and confidence, containing more misery now.
"It wouldn't matter whether I was or not. But, no, I am most certainly not." I pecked his cheek gently and he sighed.
"So, you're going to get a new house and live together? I'll be left exploring the puppy shelter for a dog and looking for a job so I can live a lonely life. I'll take care of your mother too. Afterall, you'll have kids by this time. Lot on your plate, but atleast you have it planned-"
"Shut up, Potter. Things don't always go to plan." I reminded and he groaned.
"Yeah, maybe I'll accidently chose a cat instead of a dog-"
Flicking his exposed neck on his soft, sensitive skin, I made him whine and pause in his sentence.
"I mean about Astoria. She has eyes for someone else and so do I. Who knows, maybe luck will slap us in the face just like despair has a couple of times."
"You wish." He muttered.
"Yes, I do, actually." I nibbled his ear making him cheer up and chuckle.
"Drakey! Okay, okay, fine."