Foster Home- Scorbus Muggle AU

My parents were dead. I had been moved from foster home to foster home. Now I was in a home which I shared with 3 boys and a girl.
I sat on the sofa, Jane talking to me. We made fast friends.
Jake and Elliot were off running about somewhere, tighter than tight. They were best friends. I was 15. Jane had just turned 16 last month, and Jake and Elliot had been 14 for five months and seven months, as I found out.
"No! You're not listening to me!"
I jumped but Jane took no notice. I shot my head to the kitchen, where the third boy was yelling at the woman and man who had fostered us. They were nice people, I think...
"No! Listen- what was I supposed to do?!"
"How is he yelling at them like that?" I whispered, cutting Jane off, "Is he not scared he'd get chucked out?"
Jane stopped and merely glanced at him. "Why would they chuck him out?"
"Well, they're willingly fostering him-"
"Oh, sweetie, no." She laughed, "That one's theirs. Scorpius Malfoy, the son of Astoria and Draco Malfoy. He's a trouble maker. No wonder they wanted to foster kids instead of have more, huh?" She bit her lip and I saw her eyes roll over Scorpius' body. I watched nervously as Scorpius yelled some more at his parents.
"How old is he?"
"16 and 9 months. An old one. Oldest of us all. I was fostered at 13. So three years I've been here. Then next came Elliot at twelve two years ago, and then Jake a few months after him. Devils." She scoffed, but the smile was clear.
"So it was just you and Scorpius for a year?" I asked. My heart was beating in anticipation. I wanted to know.
"Yeah." She muttered, "But he never spoke much. Not to us, he never does. Mostly out with his friends. He thinks of us as the outsiders, he practically hates us. We all have our own little group and he stays away and avoids us. Thinks we're all weirdos, especially little Jake and Elliot." She sighed, "Whatever to him."
"You like him."
She grinned and looked away, and we both started laughing.
"Come on! I do, fine. He's not mean necessarily, just secretive and... distant." She was grinning and blushing, "And he's really hot. A trouble maker. Look at him."
I looked at him. Like, really looked at him.
"He just looks like a normal boy."
"No. Nope." She grinned, "Look. Properly."
"He's crossing his arms like a nerd."
"Ah, but his sleeves are rolled up and you should see him in his leather jacket. Always wears it out. Popular at school- ooh! School! You'll love it!" She giggled and I smiled.
"Thanks, Jane."
"Of course!"
Scorpius suddenly let out a cold laugh and me and Jane watched from the living room into the kitchen.
"Really? You don't even care, do you? Why don't you just go send me to a foster home or some place and get another one, huh?" He yelled and then stormed upstairs. I looked at Jane with raised eyebrows and she shrugged.
"Normal."
"Oh..."
Okay then...

"Jake!" I laughed. He grinned at me. We were all playing football outside. Me, Jane, Elliot and Jake. Jake shook off and I shook my head. "A lot of balls you got."
"How come?" Elliot asked, playing with the ball between his feet.
"Well... you're all muddy." I chuckled, "You're gonna get one hell of a shouting."
"No. Draco's nice." He said, "He just tells me to stop getting muddy but then makes me some hot chocolate because it's cold."
I stopped. Then I snorted. "Yeah, okay, mate."
"No, Al, seriously." Jane threw an arm around me and started to whisper, "This is their first foster home. They don't know how mean people can be like we do. But this place is really, really good. They're both really nice people, but they'll treat you like their own children so expect chores and lectures."
My heart rose and my grin nearly broke my cheeks.
"Seriously?" I whispered. She grinned and nodded.
"You'll love it!"
The fence gate slammed open, stopping us. Scorpius came storming in with his leather jacket. Okay, fine, he did look... well, fine.
"Scorpius! You wanna play football?" Elliot said and Jane shushed him. Scorpius stopped and stared at him. Then he scoffed, shook his head and walked inside.
"Elliot, you daft arse." Jane said, playfully rolling her eyes as he laughed. Jake chuckled and shook his head and I gazed after Scorpius. Why didn't he want to? But he has parents. I sighed and looked away. We're just needy scum to him. Charity.