Secret Diary- AU

A/N
Might do short ones from now on.
-
Harry huffed. Draco was at work again, and although he himself had just walked into his home, he wished for the well known warm greeting from his boyfriend.
With another loud sigh, he fell back onto the sofa.
His idea of relaxing didn't last long when he jumped back up after his backside collided with the sofa due to a loud crackling noise echoing from where he had sat.
As he calmed down and realised that nobody had in fact broken into the house, Harry instantly started to dig through the sofa cushions to see what had caused such a sound.
He hands wrapped around something rough and thick.
Pulling it out, he began to notice the green colour, the serpent in the corner, but most importantly the stitched-in words that was on a leather type material; the words Draco's Diary lead a smirk to plaster itself against Potter's face. Since when did Draco have a diary? Whatever, this was clearly going to be a great experience anyway.
He flicked open the pages, his eyes scurrying across the words as he quickly read the dates. It seemed as though he had began to write in it the first day at Hogwarts. Of course, himself had been mentioned due to the tragic event that took place on that fateful day.
-
...Potter denied my request. Peasant doesn't have a clue as to what he's lost, clearly.
-
Harry read the complaint about him as he giggled, although feeling offended at some language. Until he came to the end of the entry.
-
I just wish he'd have given me a chance. He's always been my hero; I've been forced to be as powerful as him as I grew up, so when this boy defeated my fathers lord who spread misery, I was more than grateful. I had always hoped to meet my hero, who I was thrilled to find out was in the same year as me...
He embarressed me. He ruined my life. My hero's a fake meanie. He's a bully! Breaking my heart like that infront of everyone...
What am I saying? I shouldn't have asked him. Idiot! Why did you do that?! It was clear he would have said no; he's way too good for you! Stupid, stupid, stupid!
-
Potter could feel the hatrid that was embedded so deeply into the words as he read them. He had knew for a long time, since their first date, that Malfoy had anxiety. However he loved the blond, including that factor. All because he had a mental illness, doesn't make him worth any less, no matter what it's led Draco to believe about himself in the past.
But wait, he was Draco's hero? And he let him down... He broke his heart.
Harry gulped. This was quite emotional for him to read, for he too had regretted hurting Malfoy's feelings, however when someone argues with you or your friend, what good is it not to fight back?
So he read on.
Not much of a mention about him in the next few entries, and it seemed that in second, third and fourth year he had hardly wrote in the diary at all.

He came across the last entry; when he asked Malfoy to move in with him.
As confused as he was, he had to read it over a billion of times, but his mind wouldn't comprehend.
So he read it aloud.

"'Dear Diary, Potter's asked me to move in with me. My hero was never a fake, I know that, but what do I do? What shall I say? What if it's a joke... Holy hell, I don't want this to be a joke. I love him but maybe he's using me...
Either way, I'm thrilled. And this promise ring he's got me... It's gorgoues. I can't help glancing at it every second and remembering why I'm so in love with this man, although it's hard to forget. I hope this love lasts forever, or that I die before he sees all of my flaws he over looks now. No, I don't want him to fall out of love with me. That'd be horrible! I dread the morning we wake up together and he finally looks me in the eyes as he mutters the words I don't think I love you anymore. I don't want to think of it, but how can he love such an insufferable brat like me? I've been told my whole life I'm worthless, but what if he eventually recognises that too? Please, for the love of merlin, make sure he never finds this, and I pray he still loves me when we're old.

"'I should put a charm on this, but I know I'll forget the password and what use is it when Alohomora exists? Goodbye for now, diary, my old friend. I can't keep writing in this, he'll find it. He'll find my secrets!' Too late, Malfoy," He muttered to himself before carrying on, "'But perhaps I will return. The day he stops loving me, which I hope is years from now, when our faces are shrivelled as though we'd stayed in the bath for a month. Goodbye, diary. ~Draco Malfoy, aka, still the handsome king of the serpents.' How can he be so insecure but confident at the same time?"
He flicked through the other pages, but they were blank. He really hadn't wrote in it again. This diary must have been hiding in the sofa for years, or maybe Malfoy was clever enough to change the hiding place each time Harry drew close to it, so where it first started of when he made the joyfull statement of claiming Malfoy as his fellow house mate, he did not know. He turned the book in his hands, feeling a bit devastated that the man he loves was so hopeless about their love truly lasting forever. "What the hell, Draco?"
"Well, a man can doubt."
Potter turned around to see the blond man standing in the doorway, eyes glued to the floor as small tears fled from them.
The black haired man immediately threw the diary back onto the sofa which he then sprinted around to leap on his lover.
"You're back!" He exclaimed, peppering kisses to the others cheek, "I missed you."
The blond laughed falsely.
"Come on, today's the day, isn't it? You've found my diary, you've read my embarressing secrets-"
"Which I should have already knew about!" He pointed out, "And Mal, you know I'd never stop loving you... Hell yeah, you're an insufferable brat, but you're my insufferable brat. I love you, Dray. I'm touched that you feel so strong about me and love me so much, but it hurts that you don't think our love will last." He lifted the others head up with his fingers, "Look at me, Dray."
"I've just came home, I need a shower-" He mumbled, eyes avoiding the greeting of the other pair infront.
"No, look at me, baby. Look at me!" He smiled.
Draco, his eyesight now blurry as he finally looked at Harry, broke down in tears.
"I love you." Potter whispered, "Remember that, dear. You're a wreck, Draco, but that's why I love you! You don't think I wanted a perfect man to live with, did you? That'd be boring. You... You're too amazing,anyway. More than that, you're exciting, entertaining, lovely, cocky, intelligent, rude but you're loveable as fuck. I care about you, a lot more than one should. Please never think I'm lying. Please believe me. I'll love you forever. Ignoring the fact you're a dashing little twat, I fell in love with you for your personality, so when our faces are quite shrivelled, you'll still be a beautiful piece of shit to me." He grinned fondly as he wiped the others tears away, who giggled and fell on his smaller boyfriend's chest.
"I'm just scared... You're Harry Potter. You'll find better."
"Better? Why, when I have the best right here in my arms?" He smirked, wrapping his arms around the blond's waist.
"You're too good with words." Claimed the blushing ex-Slytherin.
Harry chuckled, "Not the only thing I'm good with, is it, Draco?"
"No. You're good with the plates."
"What?"
"Joking!" He grinned, winking, "You're not good, you're fucking brilliant."
"Oh?" Harry smirked, blushing as he bit his lip. He moved closer to the other, sticking out his tongue while licking his lips.
Malfoy smiled cunningly.
"Well aren't my screams obvious enough for you? I'll do it louder next time." He promised, darkening the blush growing below the others glasses.
"Right." He stated quickly, voice high before he smashed his lips against the old serpent's.

As they broke apart, their eyelids fluttered open, and once again the lion's familiar dazzling emerald eyes met the snake's sparkling silver ones.
"I will never stop loving you. I fall in love with you over and over again each day! Don't you see?"
"I see it now," He mumbled, playing with their now intertwined fingertips, "And I'm grateful. Thank you, Harry. I love you too."
"Good. Now, I don't mind if you want to write in your cute little diary again anytime soon, but please don't fill it up with negativaty. Next time, let me write with you. I wanna be apart of this, I want to know these secrets you seem to be hiding. And, Dray?"
"Yeah?"
"I'm sorry for dissapointing you... You know, when I rejected your friendship. I've always regretted that day, I swear. I'm sorry I wasn't the hero you thought of me to be." He sighed, kissing the others chin which was the highest he could reach in such a quick time.
Draco, having being used to his smallness and using it as an advantage, picked up the man with hardly any struggle, despite Harry's muscles. With a chuckle, he cuddled him close and the dark haired man wrapped his legs around the others waist.
"You've always been my hero. It was heart breaking, but I can't deny the fact I still managed to look up to you afterwards, and I can't say that you never made up for it. Anger does many things, but it can never change your hearts feelings, dear. Surely you know that."
"Of course. Our arguments never stopped me from falling head over heels for you, now did it?"
"Exactly. So your rejection never even managed to pause my admiration towards yourself. I adore you, and I'm afraid I always will."
"Don't be afraid," He smiled, burrying his face into the others neck, "It's not scary. I'll make it the best time of our lives, for it'll last till the end of them, anyway. Either way, I'm in the same boat with you... I'm always going to love you, no need to fear of an unrequited love, honey. I'll never fall out of love with you. How can I? I'm so far in that I can't get back out." He lifted the others finger, flashing his promise ring, "I remember the day I got this for you." He pressed a small kiss to the others finger, "I love you just as much as I did then, right now in this moment. It's impossible to love you more, because my love with you was not slowly like most hope for it to be; I'm scared to admit that it was indeed this strong feeling that actually came rushing towards me all at once..."