Birthday boy- AU

A/N- Probably not going to do a sad AU (to save myself and ya'll from tears, but I might do a second part to 'Sweetshop meetup- au').
Btw sorry, I accidently published it last night so I had to unpublish it because it wasn't ready.
~

Harry frowned. It was Draco's birthday today. He, of course, had got his boyfriend a present (a puppy) and although he knew the Weasleys wouldn't mind, he didn't want to crowd up the house. So he ended up searching for good housing areas at two AM on the muggle internet.
Potter had also brought Malfoy a phone (as he had with pratically the whole Weasley family and Hermione because of how much he knew it amazed Arthur Weasley, and taught him to use what the other man saw as a facinating, muggle device).
He and Draco was not allowed to sleep together in a room, even with the lack of space, due to their little events that seemed to take place every night. Even with a silencing charm, it left the room smelling and the floorboards broke.

It was only Ron, Hermione, Draco, Arthur, Molly and Harry in the house (Ron and Granger were allowed to sleep together which he found unfair, as did Arthur and Molly which was reasonable because of the married parents), so there wasnt much lack of space. But space for a puppy was a whole different situation.
The Weasley parents had kindly accepted the two gay men to stay whilst Potter searched for a home to call his own, just like Ginny, George and the others had with their loves.
Ron and Hermione decided to always live with the elderly couple so they could help them around the house and keep the growing parents company.

The black haired man sighed and flopped back on his bed, stressed incase Malfoy decides that his boyfriend took too long to buy a house and leaves, or doesn't even want a puppy or stupid muggle phone.
Letting lose a furstrated groan, he stood up, organising what he was going to wear for his baby's birthday.
There was a small knock on the door.
With a yawn, he answered it to see Hermione.
"Oh. You."
"What a lovely greeting at two in the bloody morning." She hissed.
"Sorry, 'Mione. I'm just stressed. Yeah, so what's up, anyway?"
"Me and Ron can hear you making sounds next door... Why are you stressed?" She raised her eyebrows, "Can I come in?"
"Yeah, come on in. Am I really that loud?"
"Nope but spending years with a guy, you'd know what they sound like, even if it is a faint scream." She replied, "So? What is it, then?"
"It's his birthday-"
"Draco? Oh, right! Yes, of course. Did you get him a present?"
"Obviously." He replied, "You'd think I'd actually not get him anything?"
"Then what about his birthday is so displeasing for you?" She asked in confusion.
"I thought you would have known. You can read people like a book."
Granger was staring into him with curious, tired and determined eyes. Just as Harry was about to tell her, she jumped up.

"I know," she exclaimed quietly, "You're scared incase he doesn't like the gift you got him. That and the pressure of buying a house for him and paying all the bills and everything... Oh, Harry, you've got a lot on your plate, haven't you? And theres that constant fear of him leaving. It's not just you; I always get frightened about the thought of Ron cheating on me or leaving me. The thing is, when you set your life around somebody you would have never had thought to be so important to you, it's difficult to live without them. But, it's not entirely impossible. We were born our own person and we survived just fine. Whether that one person has came and left, seeming to take your happiness and air with them does not matter. You'll survive. Plus, we've being shoved in our coffins alone. Nobody's coming with us."
"Okay, is this a definate thing of Malfoy leaving me or what? I doubt we're going to break up, and trust me, Ronald adores you too much to do whatever it is you said, so as inspiring as that speach was, I don't think that we should plan for something that isn't happening. But hell, Hermione! You're a mind reader, I swear."
"I know he won't leave you. He loves you. However, I came here at two AM, so whether I'm speaking to you or a brick wall, I'm going to spit out some wise words. That's just how I work."
They smiled and laughed quietly.
"Alright, thank you, 'Mione. Goodnight. Sorry for waking you." He spoke as she got up to leave.
"No, it's okay. Night. Get some sleep. We want you to stay here until you have all your money sorted to pay for a decent house, so don't feel pressured." She walked back to her room, closing the door behind her as Harry shut his eyes and decided that perhaps it was best to escape reality for a few hours.