Halloween mates- AU

Draco had come into inheritance over the holidays. He was in seventh year and still nobody had noticed, except Mcgonagall, his godfather, Snape, his parents, basically the whole Slytherin house and Hermione.
Why does Ms Granger know, you ask?
She knows everything. Go on, ask her your birthday. She'll guess it on the first try.
She had come to him one day after Potions and told him that she knew, however promised not to tell anybody.

The blond was most certain his mate could be any gender, because, as many take as a shock, he's pansexual. He'd already checked with all of the Ravenclaw and Slytherin girls; there was simply no match, so he believed it could be no female.
"Coming to the Halloween ball, Draco?" Parkinson asked, interupting his thoughts.
He tried to wrack his brain to get them back, but they seemed to just shrink and hide away behind all of his other ideas and crazy memories.
He huffed in frustration, yet didn't want to seem rude to his friend and shone a small, forced smile her way. Fortunately, she believed it.
"Yes, I am. Are you?"
"Of course! It's going to be huge!" She grinned, "Maybe we could plan some pranks."
He chuckled at her sense of humour, "Sure. It'd be awkward if I run into my mate whilst dressed as a vampire and playing jokes, though."
"You're no fun." She pouted, "Anyway, me and Blaise are going to wear matching Harley Quinn and Joker outfits. Have you heard about those muggle characters? Zabini brought me a comic to read on them!"

"I wish me and my future other half are going to be as relationship goals as you two." He frowned.
"You'll be the second best relationship goals, promise. Y'know, for when people can't achieve our level." She mocked and Draco playfully rolled his eyes.
"When does the damn thing start? I haven't even got my vampire costume sorted out-"
"I heard that Potter's going as a vampire." She raised her eyebrows.
He sighed. He half hoped the Gryffindor was his mate, and half hoped that he'd stay out of his life. Now this?
"Fine! Werewolf."
"Why when you could just go as a Veela? Your wings, y'know. Claim you're looking for your mate, and everyone will just think it's a costume."
He jumped up, an excited smile plastered to his face aswell as a mad glint in his eye.
"Then I'd be one step closer to finding him-"
"Him?"
"Them!" He corrected, not completely sure whether they were a male or not, although he'd be happy either way, "Thank you, Pansy! Nice to know you do have a brain up there." He winked and she narrowed her eyes at him.

*****

"Draco Malfoy?"
"Yeah, he's not even properly dressed." Ron said to Harry, not bothering to lower his voice, "Just got some stupid, realistic looking wings."
"A Veela."
"You what?" The boys squinted at Hermione in confusion.
"He's d-dressed as a Veela," Her voice sounded high and panicked, "Yes, come to seek his mate."
"That's sick," Harry muttered, "Coming to a party to see how many girls he can hook up with and call them his mate."
"Wish I'd have thought of it." Ron mumbled.
"What?" Potter snapped.
"Nothing!"
"Well, I'm going to put a stop to this." The Gryffindor with glasses hissed to himself, before strutting in the Veela's direction.
"He's jealous. How much to want to bet he's Malfoy's mate?" Hermione asked, running a hand through her messy hair to finish off her zombie girl costume.
"What? Why would Harry be jealous of him? And what do you mean, it's only a costume party!" Weasley defended Potter, although only because he was utterly puzzled as to what Granger meant.
"Says the big pumpkin." She grumbled, rolling her eyes.
"You know it was all they had in in my size!"
"Harry got a Dracula costume-"
"But-but, the pumpkin..." He pouted and she laughed, shaking her head.
"You child."

~

"Malfoy!"
Draco whipped his head around to see Potter marching towards him. The closer the boy got to him, the stronger the beautiful scent and the growing deperate need in his stomach became. It was strange, because in that moment of time, he realised that he hadn't been near this boy since his inheritance.
"Malfoy!" He repeated, crossing his arms as the others eyes roamed his body.
"Hm, beautiful?" He spoke without a second though, as if it was completely usual.
"How could you come to a party as- beautiful? A- any- anyway, er... What was I saying?" He felt himself blush as the other grinned. What was happening to them?
"Something along the lines of..." His eyes widened and he began to talk as though he was turning insane, his lips moving but producing no sound for a few moments. Until, "M-mate... Mine... How...? Harry..."
In that moment of time, it was clear to Draco that he had found his mate, and the boy standing infront of him wasn't just his enemy anymore.