Chapter 53

Draco's POV.
I walked in smashed every picture of Harry and me in the room, which was like three.
He always kept the best pictures because he said it helped him sleep at nights.
"Draco?"
I turned to see my mother standing at my door, a sad frown on her face.
"What?" I spat.
"Enough of the attitude, Drake. I've lost your father and I promised myself not to lose you as my son. Now, can you calm down please?"
I looked at her with hatrid.
"Calm down? He hit me, too."
"I know he did. You're both as bad as each other, but I'm tired of you both fighting. So please, at dinner, come down and be civil with one another." She raised an eyebrow and I knew better than to argue. I nodded softly before being embraced in a hug.
"Good boy."

I kept quiet.
"Now, what was you saying about me treating him better?" She looked up at me with a smile, "I love you both just the same. You'll always be my little sons. Let us get you cleaned up."
She pulled me by the arm gently out my bedroom door and to the bathroom, where she started scrubbing my face.
"Ouch, mum!" I whined.
"Shush, just a little more." She rubbed at my bloody nose making me squeal. Yes, I squealed and I'll admitt it.
"No, mummy, that hurts!" I crossed my arms and patting her fingers away.
"Oh, Dray, just close your eyes. I need to get the blood off." She looked at me apologetically and I sighed, shutting my eyes and whimpering as she pressed the cold, damp tissue to my nose.
"He-He pratically broke it!" I complained.
"How do you think he feels? You managed to do more damage to him."
"Yes but he doesn't have an annoying mother violently scrubbing at the cut." I muttered and she rolled her eyes.
"There we go! Now, go tell Harry that dinner should be ready by now." She placed a hand on my shoulder and I frowned.
"But mo-"
"No buts!" She glared at me, so I already knew I had no choice while I was dragging myself to his door.

"Potter, dinner's ready!" I yelled at his door, knocking.
"I-I'll be there! Give me a few minutes!" I heard him sniffle on the other side of the door.
"Are you crying, Potter?" I asked, suddenly amused.
"No! Shove off, Malfoy!"
"Open the door, Potter." I hissed, knocking louder.
It was silent as I heard quick shuffling.
"I'll be down in a few minutes, just leave-"
I rolled my eyes, casting the door open and walking inside. I raised my eyebrows in curiosity as I watched him dab at his wrist with some tissue.
"I didn't hurt your wrist." I stated simply, getting closer. He backed away, panicking as he tried not to cry.
"Malfoy, get out!"
"Er, no." I smirked, keeping my eyes on his wrist which was now in my view. I grabbed it before he could move, taking off the tissue and prying away his hand.
Three deep cuts lay on his skin as his hand began to tremble in my grip, blood dripping from them.
"W-what-"
"Let go." He ordered, his voice shaking as he pulled himself away from my now weak self. I couldn't breathe. Why had he done this?

"Harry-"
"Leave, Malfoy." He snapped, shaking his head as he wrapped tissue around his wrist and pulled on a cardigan, making sure to cover them.
"But-"
"Dinner's ready!" We heard mother call from downstairs.
"You bring this up to anyone, Malfoy, and I swear I will never forgive you and you'll regret even being born." He threatened, twisting on his heels and pushing past me as he adjusted his glasses to sit on his face properly.
I sighed, taking the warning and following behind him.

Dinner was quiet. I glanced up at Harry a lot, but he was staring at his plate miserably.
"So, Harry," I put my fork down and forced a smile as he met my eyes and glared at me, "Why are you wearing a cardigan at dinner?"
"Why are you talking to me?" He hissed.
"Oh, yes, Harry, why are you wearing a cardigan?" My mother shone a confused smile his way and it did the trick.
"Cold, that's all."
"Oh, mother, I'm sure I can go close the windows. Here, take it off." I pressured. He wouldn't believe me if I told him to stop cutting, so if my mother got a glance, perhaps she could convince him.
"Oh, no, it's fine." He dropped his gaze, eyes full of pain. Was it something I said?
"No, come along."
"No, Draco, I'm finished anyway. Want me to wash it up, Narcissa-"
"No, no, it's completely alright. I can." She offered.
"You've barely eaten!" I stated until he shot me a death look.
"Well, I'm sorry I'm not hungry."
"Yeah, okay, er, mother, I'm finished too. Harry, can I talk to you?"
"No, you can't."
I bit my lip, taking a deep breath.
"I think I can."