Chapter 38

Few days later
-
Harry woke up to a cold hand being placed on his stomach. He shivered slightly and sat up.
"D-Draco?" He rubbed his eyes before somebody placed glasses on his face.
"Yes, love?"

He took in the blond's appearance with a gasp. He was wearing a leather jacket and some muggle skinny jeans, both being black. His top was plain white and his hair was slick back. His feet were covered with black socks because he knew how angry Harry got when he wore shoes around their room; he didn't like the dirt or the sound they produced when walking on the wood.

"Woah..." He breathed, snapping back to reality, "What were you doing? Why did you wake me? It's Saturday."
"I didn't mean to. I was just talking to the baby..." Draco sat beside the pregnant man on the bed and sighed.
"You do that a lot. What's wrong?" He placed his hand ontop of the others and pecked his cheek, "You look very handsome today."
"Hm... I'm just worried. What with it being christmas holidays soon, I don't want you getting ill with the child. It's too dangerous, and we could stay here, or visit my parents if you'd like."

"Your parents!" He squealed in excitement. They'd been so nice to Harry, and he found them incredibly amusing. Plus, him and Draco would have a neater room there because theirs at Hogwarts was a mess (although Malfoy did his best to keep it tidy).
"Princess, are you sure-"
"Yes!"
"It'll be a lot safer here-"
"No, I wanna go there!"
"But you don't know-"
"I want to!"
"HARRY!"

Malfoy clenched his jaw and took a deep breath.
"You don't know them, Harry." He mumbled.
"What do you mean? Why yell at me?" He snapped back.
"Because you never listen! You always interupt!" He barked, standing up and crossing his arms, "If you listened to me half the time, you wouldn't be sitting here and have encountered death mutiple times, would you? You wouldn't have gotten stabbed that time, I wouldn't have broken my wing and you wouldn't be pregnant! Just listen to me!"

"First of all, you couldn't stop my parent's dieing and me experiencing death. Ib you didn't want to save me, you should have let me die! So you don't want my child? Because it's all my fault that I'm carrying your baby? Fine! I'll raise it alone!" He yelled, scrambling to find some clothes to dress himself in.
"No, Harry-"
"Shut up! I'll stay here! I'll stay here for Christmas and-"
"Harry!"
"No! Don't interupt-"
"HARRY!"

He sat back on the bed, facing the wall as tears ran down his face.
"What, Malfoy?" He asked coldly, and he sensed the other tense up.
"I didn't say any of that!"
"But you meant it!"
"No, I didn't!"
"Yes, you did!"
"I know what I meant!"
"Just leave me alone. We start the day screaming at each other, perfect." He muttered sarcastically.

"Well I told you to listen." He hissed.
"Listen to what? You try and convince me to stay here? To stay put for the rest of my life? Look, Malfoy, if you already knew what you were doing then why ask me?"
"I'm just worried-"
"Well stop! You need to live life, you can't cower in the shadows all the time!"
"Why would you say that?"
He sounded hurt and Potter knew he'd chosen the wrong words, so he decided to cover himself.

"Because you never take risks. You need to go outside and make snow angels even with the chance of getting a cold, you need to explore the muggle world even if it means putting yourself in danger. You can't always stay put in one place. Then you're just surviving, and not living." He explained.
"Look, Potter, not all of us had the chance to be The Boy Who Lived or The Chosen One, some of us were brought up another way. Forced into things we didn't like. Tortured ourselves to stay alive. Not all of us want to put ourself in life threatening situations, epecially when we've been forced into one before." The blond's tone was cold as he slammed the door to their room to go outside and calm down.

"Well, when you put it like that..." The Gryffindor whispered to himself, rolling his eyes and laying back down to go sleep.

☆☆☆☆