Twenty-one

Yoongi's POV

"Train leaving to Daegu will now be boarding" the female monotone voice boomed inside the station.

I stood up quickly grabbing Ellen's hand.

I'm not going to lie I was worried, what if something happens while we're away or what if we get tracked down.

"Ugh--finally" sighs Ellen as we walk into the first class carriage "babe I don't understand why we have to wear these every time we go out" she whined as she took off her face mask.

"It's for safety--we can't risk someone recognizing our faces" I plopped down on the cushioned seat.

"Baby--" she held my hand knowing that I was stressed due to my alertness and fidgeting.

"I know you're worried I am too--scared--shitless but the guys are all together and we're together. If anything happens we'll find out quickly and go back"

I nodded and took a deep breath "it's been a while since I've been out for something not 'work' related."

"Let's try to enjoy it-- YOU enjoy it--you haven't seen your family in ages" she smiled making me smile.

Fuck Jihoon.
I'm not letting him ruin my life--I'll ruin his as soon as I come back.

"You're just like him" I heard Ellen's voice crying as it repeated in my head.

"Baby!"
I opened my eyes to find Ellen shaking me.
"We're here" she took off her headphones and stood up.

I shook my head and stood up feeling disoriented--I felt my heart racing.

"Are you okay?" she felt my forehead slightly wet from the sweat.

I nodded and kissed her forehead glad that it was just a dream.

"How long has it been since we've ridden a taxi huh?"
I smiled at Ellen as I opened the door for her.

I knew it would take some time to arrive so along the way I told Ellen some of my memories in places as we passed them.

"Ok...remember if my grandmother ask if you want tea just say no--and if my mother's asks if you've eaten say yes"

I repeated as we sat in the back of the cab.

"But why?" she giggled looking out the window.

"Because they'll keep you for hours sitting and talking about me" I answered quickly.

"Aw-is Min Yoongi nervous?!" she raised her eyebrows and grabbed my chin.

"I'm not it's just that they can be weird" I mumbled.

The taxi finally came to a stop in front of a light blue house surrounded by trees and a small garden in front.

"Thank you" we both said as I tipped the driver and pulled our suitcases up the pathway to the brown door.

"So cute--" I heard Ellen whisper as she looked at the garden.

She was fidgeting with her fingers--she was nervous I smiled as I turned and rang the doorbell.

"Comingggg~" I heard a familiar voice sing before the door swung open revealing my mom wearing her flower apron.

"Yoongi!" she hugged me pulling me down to her height.

"Oh look who it is!" I saw my grandma walk to the door.

"Look at you! You must be Ellen" she slightly pushed me out the way and hugged Ellen who giggled before introducing herself.

"Nice to meet you and thank you for having me" she spoke as she hugged both of them.

"Oh she's more beautiful than you led on son" my grandfather patted my back before carrying our luggage in.

"Would you like some tea?" my grandma said taking her hand.

Ellen looked at me and I quickly shook my head.

But of course she ignored me; "I'd love too"

"Oh great! I can make you something to eat as well!" my mom lightly pushed us inside.

Great.

Just like I had predicted we sat in the dining table for three hours listening to my embarrassing life stories.

"I can't believe you had pink hair?" Ellen turned to me with a surprised look.

"He also had it green" added my mom shaking her head.

"Mint" I groaned in annoyance.

"Tomaeto : Tomatoe" my mother rolled her eyes "at least now you have it a decent color."

"How long are you staying for?" my grandfather changed the subject saving me from further embarrassment.

"Just the weekend--I have to go back to work" I answered.

After a long night we both finally excused ourselves and went to bed.

"Do they know?" Ellen asked diverting my attention away from the television.

I shook my head "My grandfather knows; he doesn't support it of course but he says he won't go against it if it's what I want to do"

"How did you get into this business?" she asked as she played with my fingers.

"My father passed away when I was young--I needed to help out with money and the former boss treated me like a son---said it was meant to be; so now I'm carrying the business"

Without any further conversations we turned back to the TV and drifted back to sleep.

"I want to marry you! I want a future with you!" I heard myself cry at Ellen.
"Be with YOU?" she scoffed,
"You're just like my father!" she pushed me away "but you're the real enemy you've always been the enemy and I didn't deserve to live a life like this" she cried.
A gunshot echoed as her body fell in front of me.
I hugged her cold and limp body.
This is all my fault!

"Baby!"
I opened my eyes and shot up on the bed.
"What happened? You're drenched in sweat and you kept shouting in your sleep" Ellen brushed my damp hair out of my eyes.

Without a word I hugged her tightly.
I can't lose her--but I can't let her go either.