Forty-one

Ellen

"Ellen! Wake up!
Ellen!...
Please...
Please...
I love you..."

My eyes snapped open as I tried to gasp for air but found a tube in between my lips. Startled I looked around the room not being able to see anything clearly I felt my eyes watering. I tried taking deep breaths but felt my heart pounding at my throat until I heard a familiar voice.

"She's awake! Ellen calm down!"
I blinked the tears away to find Sori hovering over me with a worried expression. I tried to take steady breaths but the fast beeping of the monitor and Sori's frantic voice didn't help.
I heard more people burst in, more shuffling movements as I felt my tears trickling down the side of my face.
"Shh... shh steadyㅡ that's right calm down..."
Those were the last words I heard before a deep sleep over took me.

"Please... I love you..."

I completely blacked out until I consciously opened my eyes and again gasped for air resulting in a coughing fit due to my dry throat.

"You're awake! Here drink this."
Sori handed me three different pills and water in a small plastic cup.
She sat back down on the couch and weakly smiled at me, she looked exhausted her hair tied up in a messy bun and she had bags under her eyes.

"What happened?" I whispered after ten minutes of the eerie silence between us.

"You got shotㅡ lost a lot of blood luckily enough you made it but you've been in an induced coma..." she replied reaching for my hand and squeezing it in hers.
"The doctors said it was the best thing to do after all the trauma, but you're here and that's what matters right?"

"How long?" I pushed myself to sit up a pain shooting up my side making me wince.

"Two months..."
I felt my heart drop down to my stomach and I immediately felt dizzy.
"Two months... I've been in this hospital for two months" I managed to repeat trying to process the information.

"We were actually transferring you over to the hotel todayㅡ being here was starting to become uncomfortable, and since you first woke up two weeks ago they cleared you and said it was only a matter of time, but thank God you're up now!" she gave me a halfhearted laugh.

"When can I leave?" I asked as I rubbed my head.
"Today after noon actuallyㅡ it's still too early in the morning we'll have to wait a couple of hours to get the paper work doneㅡ you should sleep."

"Thank you for everything..." I squeezed her hand as she wiped away my tears with her finger.

"Restㅡ" she said as she stroked my hair with her teary eyes. I thought back to the continuous voice in my dreams trying to recall what had happened after I got shot but everything went blank.

Was it just a dream?

____________

"Alright you're all set remember to come every two weeks for follow ups I'm sure your friend will take care of you well." the doctor signed the last paper in the stack before handing it to me with my prescriptions.

I rummaged through the stack looking for a specific one, the receipt.
"How much will it be?" I asked as he made his way out.

"Oh, don't worry your bills have been taken care of..." with that he walked out closing the door behind him.
"Taken care of?" I raised my eyebrow at Sori expecting an answer.

"We'll talk when we get to the hotel there's a lot of explaining to do."

___________

"Why are we at a hotel?" I knew I was probably being annoying with all the questioning but I couldn't help it I felt confused and disoriented it felt like just yesterday I was escaping from my brother's house.

"You look good with black hair," She began instead... I knew what she was trying to do she always complimented me in attempt to change the subject but I was not letting it slide.
I gave her a pointed look until she exhaled in defeat, "Well... there isn't anywhere else you can go," she started as she sat next to me on the bed.

"What happened to you? Why did you leave?"
Her sudden question caught me by surprise making my heart beat faster with anxiety.

"I didn't leaveㅡ I was taken. I would never leave you or Yoongi or any of the guys. Things just happened so fast I wouldn't let anybody get hurt because of me... I had no choice."

I lowered my head in guilt I knew it was the only way to avoid any deaths at the moment but now everyone believed I was a traitor,
"I had no way to communicate without getting caughtㅡ once I found out about my brother's plans and intentions I had to do whatever I could to stop him even if it meant siding with him for the time being."

"You need to explain to me from the startㅡ you left me in the dark once you started to involve yourself in this mess and brother? Since when?" she sounded just as confused as I was a few minutes ago.

"I'll explain everything when the time is right and I didn't involve myself I've always been in the middle of this shit thanks to my fatherㅡ but right now I need to talk to Yoongi why didn't he look for me, why haven't I seen him or any of the guys?" I felt my heart ache remembering the harsh words he said to me back at the warehouse.

He thinks I betrayed him.

"Well he's the one that paid the hospital bills but I haven't seen him around... he showed up at least twice a week up until the last two weeks, he knew when you first woke up but after he hadn't come around..." she took my hands in hers "I'm so sorry but he still thinks you're a liar, he can't trust you so he won't allow any of the guys to have any contact with you..."

I felt a knot in my throat but I couldn't blame him I disappeared without any trace but I was determined to explain everything to him and he had to listen... he was going to listen.