Thirty-five

Ellen

"Are you sure?" Taehyung asked holding the door before I could open it.

"No! Fuck no..." answered Jungkook with an angry tone "we can't let her go if something happensㅡ"

"Nothing will happen!" I interrupted earning everyone's attention "it's only checking out the place...easy, right?"

I tried convincing myself that it would be a piece of cake but couldn't help but feel my heart racing.

I had to do this thoughㅡ I was tired of always being a sitting duck and I didn't want Jungkook and Taehyung to risk their lives anymore than I did.

"I can do this..." I looked at both younger ones with a nod as I pulled the black hoodie one of the guards handed me over myself.

They glanced at each other before nodding.

"If anything seems off come back quickly and if you don't contact us in ten minutes we'll start looking for you" Taehyung said making the rest of the guards nod in agreement.

"Be careful..." Jungkook whispered as I climbed out of the black SUV.

I tucked the gun under the waistline of my shorts and made sure to cover it with the hoodie.

Quietly and quickly...

I thought to myself over and over as I jogged towards the back of the building. I looked around for any signs of others but it was dead silentㅡI could bearly hear the cars driving on the highway miles away.

Why does it always have to be in places like these?

I leaned against the cold brick wall and slowly scanned the areaㅡtrees and more trees blocking the direct light.

"I told him to fuck offㅡif he wanted the good shit he would have to accept the price..."

I held my breath as soon as I heard voices from inside. How am I going to do this without getting caught?

I crouched towards the window a couple of feet to my right and mentally prayed nobody was there as I slowly raised my head.

I peeked inside only to sigh in relief it was an empty room but the door was wide open exposing the lobby room--about seven men sitting down, some were sleeping, others on their phone and tables covered in cash and weapons.

Well this seems familiar...
I thought to myself sarcastically at the fact that our warehouses were basically similar.

I saw one of the men stand up as soon as he got a call and began walking towards my direction. I quickly crouched worried my heartbeat was to loud he could probably hear.

"Eunho how many fucking times did I tell you that it wasn't smart to stay in the city.....where are you right now?" 

Isn't that were the others were headed?

"All of you? Okay then stay out of that placeㅡwe know they'll show up"

"Who is this guy?" I whispered to myself still trying to recognize his features from the mental image I got of him.

"Bossㅡ are we leaving anytime soon? The boys are back from your father's house they couldn't get into the safe."

As useless as it seemed I instinctively pressed my ear against the wall to listen to the conversation.

Boss?

"Those idiots! I guess I'll have to go myself...did they check the place and make sure nobody's around?"

"Yes sir, Eunho said nobody has found out about his death and he made sure to leave no sign of his disappearance."

What the fuck?

"Well he had it coming he was one shitty father and..."

"I told you babe I personally went, no sign of her or anyone I don't think they know."
Just before he finished his sentence a familiar voice interrupted my thoughts.
I raised my head quickly in shock only to see Zoe hugging this mysterious man. I felt frozen in confusion until I made eye contact with her.

"Ellen?!" all of them quickly turned to look at me and before they could take action another man ran in.

"Boss we have visitorsㅡwe need to leave now!"

Shit.

I ran around the house towards the entrance only to find the guys already running inside.
"Ellen? What the fuck? We thought you were in trouble!" I heard Taehyung yell over the gunshots.

I shrugged feeling guilty of not contacting them but I had my thoughts clouded with the conversation I had just listened to.

"They're getting away!" I heard one of our guards shout as the vehicles that had been parked in front started speeding off one by one.

"Hey!" I yelled as soon as I saw Zoe and the unfamiliar man running behind the building.

"We'll see you soonㅡ little sister" I heard the man referred to as "boss" say as he jumped into a white SUV with a smirk on his face.
What the fuck?
"We need to follow them!" Jungkook pulled me as we all sprinted towards our truck only to find the two back tires slashed.

"Fuck!" Taehyung brushed his face with his hand in frustration.
After the pointless arguing between the guards about leaving the truck unattended Jungkook finally managed to shut them up.
We waited for about fifteen until a tow truck finally pulled up driven by one of the house guards.

Wow these guys really think aheada tow truck?

I was silent the entire way until we got home, my mind was spinning and of course I didn't bother to tell anyone about what I heard.

"Where's Yoongi?" I asked one of the guards at the door as I walked in not bothering to speak to anyone else.

"Koosung just called me; they're on their way back, nothing went down," I nodded and made my way upstairs only to lock myself in the room and try to connect the dots.

"Ellen?" I heard Yoongi speak softly from the other side of the door followed by a couple of knocks.

I rubbed the sleep off my eyes and practically dragged my feet towards the door. I squinted my eyes at the sudden brightness from the lighted hallway.

"Sorry, I fell asleep" I spoke softly as I made my way back to bed.

"What's going on? The guys told me that you came upstairs and didn't speak to anyone as soon as you got back"
I wasn't mad or upset I was exhausted; mentally.
I weakly smiled at Yoongi before laying my head on his chest as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"Don't worry it's nothing about you or any of the other guysㅡI assume they told you what happened today right?"

He hummed a response as I drew circles on his chest mentally debating if I should tell him or not.

"I heard some guy; they call him "boss" now, he's with EunhoㅡI'm guessing they're colleagues" he carefully sat up as a sign of interest.

"He was speaking about something familiar and I know it can't be a coincidenceㅡhe was talking about my father and the house" I tried recalling every word exactly making sure I wasn't confused.

"He told me he'll see me soon and he called me 'sister'"

I sat up looking Yoongi straight in the eyes "I think my father had more secrets than we thought."