Alliance | chapter one

Make sure you have the separate book added onto your library for the weekly chapters. This is the ONLY chapter I'll be posting on 'Syndicate' so please don't forget to move on over to 'Alliance' if want to keep up with the story. Thank you so much for your support and hope you enjoy.

Yoongi

The house felt empty without her now, I was so used to her that it scared me now. I never depended on anybody, never imagined myself in need of someone.

But I was, I loved her and now it was obvious that I needed her presence to feel normal again. The difference now was that I wasn't ashamed of admitting it, to myself or anyone else.

After what had happened with my father I knew I had to come to terms that I was in love but that wouldn't change anything, I wouldn't allow it.
I am still going to uphold my reputation of the cold, ruthless mobster and my family as the biggest syndicate in Asia.

She was my woman, and now that made her boss too.

"Come on man!" Namjoon punched the steering wheel causing the horn to go off unnecessarily. I looked at him through the rear view mirror from the backseat as he handed me an envelope.

"For the safety and security of the Republic of South Korea?" he repeated as I silently scanned the letter, "ㅡthey want twice the amount of money for the safety and security of the people?" he mocked.

"Yeah right, why don't they just admit they love the extra spending cash, fucking pigs" Seokjin scoffed pulling out his laptop.

"Whatever it takes to keep them of our backs," Hoseok mumbled from the passenger seat resting his feet on the dashboard as he lit a cigar.

"Just wire the money and add a little more as a thank you for cleaning up our mess back there, and let's go! This meeting is important we can't afford to be late, we already have a lot of shit to deal with!"

Without a second thought Namjoon started the engine and drove off towards the city.

I unlocked my phone to find the same screen I had been staring at for the past ten minutes, still no messages from her.

___________

"Good morning Taejoon," I greeted him as I stepped into the luxurious building I was all too familiar with.
"It feels like it's been ages since we've been here, it's looking better down here," he patted my back and walked behind me as we stepped into the remodeled lobby.
"Yeah, it was left a mess after that bastard Sung-soo had the balls to step here." Namjoon added as we all cramped into the elevator.
"I heard of that the minute I landed in Japan, I'm sorry I was of no help here, but I also heard you made a good recovery!" he placed a firm hand on Jungkook's shoulder, "ㅡyou're a brave man, your hyungs must be proud..."
"We are," I patted him on the back "ㅡbut that gives us more of a reason to end this once and for all, I'm not losing any of my men."
"What did Mayor Park, say about the incident?" we all walked down the untouched marble hallway into my office.
"He was pissed, he was calling us and leaving messages like a psycho girlfriend," Hoseok laughed.

"Yeah, well he has no option but to take the money and keep his mouth shut. He knows we have too much dirt on him and if he wants to be re-elected then he knows what's good for him," I sat down on my chair turning out, looking towards the city.

___________

"So who are we meeting with right now?" Jungkook walked in and greeted the guys already sitting in my office.
"Ko Chun came from Hong Kong, Takayama also arrived from Tokyo yesterday with Taejoon, and Vitaly just flew in from Budapest early this morning..." I puffed out a gray cloud of smoke as I stood my cigar on the ashtray watching it slowly die out.
"Hyung, I understand why the yakuza is here but why is it necessary to have the triads and the bratva here if they haven't been affected directly?" Jungkook questioned signaling to Taejoon on the phone.

"Haven't been affected yet," Namjoon corrected.

"With this mess going on right now, It's better for them to hear everything from me directly than from anybody else, I'd rather avoid any unnecessary conflicts and deal with the only pest."

Quietly the rest of the guys nodded in agreement including Jungkook who was now sitting on the arm of Jimin's chair. I took a last glance at my phone only to be disappointed with no messages from the only person I was interested getting messages from.

Seokjin noticed this but before he could comment on it; one of our guards at the elevator walked in after knocking hesitantly. Immediately I knew and turned my chair towards the window getting a glance from the luxurious caravan of trucks pulling into the roundabout in front of my building.

"Sir, they're here."