Thirty-eight

Yoongi

"We get it hyung but you need to stop lashing out on us especially the younger ones!"

"It's been three weeksㅡ" I sat back down on my leather chair and buried my face into my hands.

Three fucking weeksand nothing.

"I know but we've tried everything and no sign of her or the others... she's gone."

I felt Namjoon place his hands on my shoulders in attempt to comfort me.

"She volunteered to go without saying anything but sorryㅡ she knows why she did it and if she had wanted to come back we would've gotten some sort of signㅡ you know that very well."
I nodded my head but not mentally accepting his words.

"There are other work problems we have to deal with and you need to focus boss..." Koosung spoke up after I raised my head as a sign to drop the subject.

"No! I will not stand by this we can't just give up it's Ellen we're talking about! Yoongi you can't give up on her, you love her!" Jin shot up from his seat opposite from me.

"Stop hyung..." was all I managed to say avoiding eye contact and hanging my head low feeling ashamed.

"No, I won't stop and you guys shouldn't either! She left because it was the only way to keep you aliveㅡ" he walked to the center of the room and glared at all of us lastly at Koosung who lowered his head after his words "ㅡand you!"

He exhaled loudly in frustration while rubbing his temples and letting his arms lazily fall to his sides.
"I'm going to keep looking for herㅡshe would do the same if it was anyone of us..."

That's true.

We intensely watched as he walked out of the office still visible due to the glass walls, once he was out of sight Taehyung and Jungkook stood up making their way out as well "We won't give up eitherㅡ I'm sorry Namjoon and Hoseok but have you stopped to think that even if she tried escaping it's impossible to do it herself."

In less than a minute it was just the three of us standing in complete silence.

"Great, just fucking great..." I mumbled as I slouched back on the chair.

"I just don't want to find out she left us." I heard Namjoon whisper to himself but sympathizing with him I remained quiet with my forearm covering my eyes.

She wouldn't leave us.

She said we were her familyshe showed us.

"Hyung do you love her?" Hoseok broke the silence.
I knew the answer right away but hesitated to say it out loud afraid that it would be useless to admit it.
After mentally debating with myself I sat up and nodded "I do, I've never cared about someone as much as I care about her."

"Then we need to get her back..." Namjoon spoke up earning a smile from Hoseok.

"Let's get to work then and get Yoongi-hyung's girlfriend back!"

__________

It's nighttime already the sky turning into a dark blue as more stars start appearing by the minute.

Where are you?

I took one last long drag from my cigarette before letting it fall only centimeters away from my shoe.

When did I ever start smoking again?

Oh yeah, when Ellen disappeared.
I thought to myself as I raised my foot to crush it.

I exhaled the toxic fumes as I glanced towards the front door of the house. It definitely felt different without Ellen. It had gone back to how it was only a few months ago but this wasn't what I considered "normal" anymore.
I needed herㅡher presenceㅡwe all did.

I sighed as I took one last glance towards the beach my thoughts never leaving the images of Ellen.

I made my way back into the house hoping the rest of the guys weren't too pissed off at me anymore and to my luck they were all sitting down in the living room.

I could feel the tension as I made my way to them.
"We found her."
I heard Namjoon speak up, I swallowed the lump in my throat feeling everybody's eyes on me.

"You're not going to like it."

Thank you so much for the 1K reads! Honestly it's hard to believe that I get reads at all but I am grateful for your support and loyalty in reading. It's amazing and once again thank you~ you're all incredible! 💛