Seventy

Finding Hope 3:00 am

Ellen

Why was this happening? Will there ever be a moment, just one that my life could feel somewhat normal?
Nopeㅡ my boyfriend is the lord of a mafia family and I'm the daughter of the rival one. Sounds like something out of a novel or a movie right? Two enemies fall in love despite their families? Nope this was real lifeㅡmy lifeㅡ  I fell in love with a man not knowing who he was at first.
My life, were we couldn't have one moment of happiness because in a flash I'd be running for my life after having to shoot men I had no fucking idea who they were.

I slowed down after I felt I was far enough from the chaos and far away from Eunho or his men. My side was burning from running, my lungs where sore, my throat dry and I couldn't catch my breath. I leaned on a tree alongside the road and let myself fall to the ground. I flinched once I looked at my bare feet scraped and painfully dusted off the small pebbles that were digged into the skin of my heels.
I was freezing, only in my nightdress and barefootㅡ just fucking great.

I was tired mentally and physically to the point I had forgotten the last time I was genuinely at peace with my life.
Only Yoongi made me feel at peace, at ease and safe. He probably hates me now and I have no doubt he thinks the worst of me after what just happened.
It was my fault... all of it. Not his, not his fathers, hell it wasn't even Minhos' fault. I thought I could take care of myself and I actually believed I could deal with this myself.

Startled by the sounds of an approaching vehicle down the road I hid behind the tree. I was tired and knowing I had officially fucked up things with Yoongi I was so close to giving up.

I slowly moved towards the road and waited for the truckㅡ waited for whatever was going to happen once Eunho or his men had me.
God I wish I could be with him, how I wish none of this would've happened.

That was probably such a mediocre thought; such a cliche wish. This is real life. Things like this happen to people like me.

This was probably the worst feeling aside from watching my mother take her own life in front of me. I had no idea if my boyfriend was alive, if he hated me, I had no idea if I would ever see the boys again.
I stood next to the road, the rough pavement digging into my feet but I ignored the pain and looked out as the headlights approached.

"I'm sorry Yoongi."
I whispered looking down.
"Namjoon, Jin, Hoseok... I'm so sorry Jimin, Taehyung, sorry for everything Jungkook
미안해"

My heart began racing, blinking away tears and I quickly wiped away the wetness of my cheeks.
Anxiety creeping back as I felt the lights blinding me.
A huge wave of relief washing over me as I heard the continuous honking instantly knowing it was the boys.

The truck stopped abruptly in front of me as the back door swung open.
"Ellen? Holy fuck Ellen!" Taehyung jumped out wrapping his long arms around me exhaling as if he had been holding his breath.

"Thank fucking goodness" Hoseok rolled down the passenger window.

"Get in!" Namjoon shouted from the drivers seat, but before I could process anything I had already been helped inside.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked worriedly over my shoulder from the backseat.

Instead of answering I did what I last expected to do, something I had never done in front of them consciouslyㅡ I broke down.