Chapter 4 - The Unexpected Visit

A few months passed, Clara is now around six months, and they all resumed their lives: Germen continued with his business, with his meetings always accompanied by Ramalho but also dealing with the financial part of the Studio; Olga was still doing all the things she used to do at home plus taking care of her newest little girl; Vilu had started working in the Studio with Pablo and teaching some of the singing classes, as Angie only worked in part time so that she could continue to treat Clara, who grew so fast that Germen every day told her in a voice of joke that she don't have to be in a hurry to grow up, that she had a lot time.

Angie laughed at these conversations between father and daughter, but deep down she also did not want Clara to grow up, she loved to treat her and she felt happy, but she knew that sooner or later she would have to go back to work, and although she knew that Olga and Angelica would take care of Clara as well or better than her, she aldo knew that Clara will be more pampering, have more lap, less rules and routines, that she thought necessary for her growth. She was also a little anguished for having to leave her, the feeling of separation between mother and daughter made her feel guilty. But Angie knew that all of that would pass with time...

Angelica spent a lot of time with Angie talking about the past, the present, but also the future. She loved to look at Clara and feel that she would be able to keep up with her growth as she had never been able to do it with Violetta, since when she was five years old that possibility, of seeing her grow up have been withdrawn; so she hoped she could live all of that with Clarita. They are both in the livingroom, one morning like any other to talk, that day Angie had no classes, and suddenly they hear Vilu coming down the stairs in a hurry.

- Good morning Angie, Good morning Grandma ... and see you later.

- Vilu, but you did not even have breakfast ... Vilu!- But she was already out the door. - You saw that, every day is the same ...

- Leave her, she's happy. Is not what we all wanted?

- Yes, Mom, you're right. But, I can not help caring for her.

- You've done your part, you've made her follow her dreams now you have to let her fly ... it's difficult I know but it's what we mothers have to do: let you fly.

- But I'm not her mother ... I'll never be, and I do not want ...

- Angie, as much as you do not want to occupy that place, for Vilu you will be the closest to a mother she has ever had or will have.

- I never wanted to, nor do I want to replace Maria ... I just want her to feel that I'm here for whatever she needs.

- I know that, Vilu knows that, and your sister where ever she is, she knows that too. I'm sure she would enjoy seeing your relationship, how beautiful it is.

- When I look at Vilu, I hardly remember the shy little girl I first saw, who had left home without knowing anything about this city; thinking about what she struggled with, what she has conquered over the years.

- And it was you who helped her, Angie. If you had not approached her ... I think she would still be the introverted girl you met.

- I just opened the door, the rest she did alone. Maria would be proud of her, I'm sure.

- Your sister would be proud of both of you, I have no doubt.

- I did not do anything that she had not done, too, if ...

- I know ... and I also know that she would never have chosen a better "mother" to replace her.

- Thank you Mom. But you don't even know the confusion that makes me that she leaves without eating, and every day is the same thing as she is always late.