Capítulo 5 - The Truth of the Lie <continuation 3>

At home, Germen tries desperately to speak to this Mother, he knows that if there's someone who can solve all this was her: first because this all secret was hers, and then because only she knows how to stop Joseph. But despite calling all the typical locals that his mother could possibly be he didn't find her, and the desperation, the fear, the anguish begin little by little to seize him.

- But didn't she tell you where she was going?"

- No, I already told you.

- Nor at what time she were back? She didn't tell you anything?"

- She did not tell, I do not know anything.

- I do not believe it...- he suddenly reminds hisself.- And my aunt, is she at home?

- Dona Mercedes, yes. Do you want to talk to her?

- Yes, yes... Give her the phone please and fast.

While the maid passed the call, Ramalho enters the office. Germen signals him to sit down and continues to wait.

- Yeah, who's this?- Says a female voice on the other end of the phone.

- Auntie Mercedes? Is Germen. I need to talk to Mom with some urgency, do you know where she is?

- Germen...my dear, how are you? And Violetta must be so grown up?

- Yes, Auntie, she's a young lady now. But Mommy, do you know where she is?

- And Clara? Your mother showed me a photo, she's so beautiful ...

- Yes, Auntie, yes. And Mommy, where is she?

- Your mom, she left ... she must have gone ... to the gym ... if I'm not mistaken. She should have her phone turned off as usual.

- Auntie, I need to talk to her, it's urgent. Please as soon as she arrives, ask her to call me. Please.

- All right, my dear, but can't I help you? I don't know, don't you want to talk to your favorite aunt?

- No aunt, just Mom. Thank you and goodbye.

- Goodbye sweetheart.

He hung up the phone and looked at Ramallo, who was waiting for him to tell what had happened. Although Germen should not tell, Ramallo was his only and faithful friend, so he felt that he owed him a justification, besides it would do him good to talk to someone. He told him all the talk with his father, the family secret, and the blackmail. Ramallo listened and swallowed every word that Germen was saying. In the end the only thing he could say was "My God."

- You only have this to tell me?

- I'm sorry, Germen, but I do not know what to tell you.

- You're a big help Ramallo ... a big help ...

- Excuse me, Germeb, seriously, but ... What are you going to do about your father, but mostly about Angie?

- I already did it with my father, or tried to ...

- Talking to your mother?

- Not properly speaking, I will ask her to come to Buenos Aires and talk to my father, if anyone can convince him not to reveal anything is her.

- And Angie? Are you not going after her?

- No, Ramallo. I will not, no matter how hard it is for me not to.

- Are you not going to try to get her back? Why?

- No, I'm not going. First of all because I understand her Ramallo, I understand why she's gone. And then because I don't know where she is.