Capítulo 4 - The Unexpected Visit <continuation 2>

But he runs off, furious. Angelica still thinks of going after him, but at that moment she thinks of everything Joseph told her: in their youth; in the love she had for Miguel; in their sadness after Maria's accident, because although Miguel had never said anything to her, she knew that he blamed himself for Maria's death; in the suffering they had the day they learned that Germen had run away with Violetta; in the sadness that angie had throughout all these years: the death of the sister she saw as a mother, the estrangement from the niece she saw as a sister, but especially in the contempt with which her father treated her after all these fatalities. Despite trying to cheer him up with her songs, Miguel despised all of her attempts to get back to her. Angelica did her best to continue her dream despite knowing that she was suffering, tried to talk to Miguel about Angie, that she was still with them, that she needed him and that she tried to please him with everything she could. But he had plunged into an abyss, which even Angelica could not reach, until one day came to an end...and that day Angélica was not there, who was with Miguel was Angie. She was at that time Vilu's age, and her father's death was very hard for Angie, and it was thanks to music and to Pablo that she was able to overcome it.

When Germen enters the room Angie is lying down, he lies Clara down next to her, and she instinctively does what all mothers do when they see their baby ... smile. Seeing that smile Gérmen can not help but smile too, the love that Angie transmits for Clara and him in that smile was enormous, and at that moment he realizes that nothing his father could say or do would change what he felt for her. He loved her more than he could think or dream... and Clara was the fruit of that immense love they felt, and thinking that for so long they both denied it but it was so obvious and so right at the same time.

- Angie ... how are you, my love?

- Better now that you're here. How's Olga? Do you know who that "Man" was?- Germen sit next to her and embrace her, and for a while they let themselves be like that, nestled in one another looking at Clara playing with his hands.

- Olga is with Ramalho, and it looks like she is a little better, and yes I already know who he was.

- So who was he, anyway? Who did my mother leave with?

- It was... well your mother left with my father.

- With your father!

- Yes...

- Wait, he thought I was ... he did not know at all: about our reunion with Vilu, our marriage, the birth of Clara. Of course, my mother realized that...

- Yes, your mother must have realized he did not know anything. Angie, I tried to find him to tell him, but I could not as he was always travelling on business ...

- Germen, you told me that you would talk to your parents so that there would be no problems ... you know very well how my mother reacted at the beginning, you promised me that ...

- I know, and Angie I tried to reach him. I talked to my mother, I told her everything, but my father, I could not find him, and I confess that afther a little time I just forgot about it.

- Germen, he was furious and did not even know about our marriage, he was just furious because he saw my mother here at home, I do not even want to think when ...

- Forgive me, I know we promise not to lie; but I did not lie, the truth is that I forgot. And I was also afraid to tell him because the truth is that talking to my father is ... well, it's complicated ... very complicated.

- As complicated as it is, you're going to have to talk to him now, you don't have any other option rigth now.

- Yes I know. And I know I should have tried to call him again and again until I could. Now it's going to be ... a difficult conversation.