1.December 1979

Note: Please read chapter 1 of mob boss Territory before this chapter. This book goes in alternating manner in parallel. You must read one chapter of mob boss Territory and one chapter of this book otherwise it won't make sense. It's parallel story line.

Also please don't start this book or mob boss terrify unless you have read A Mob Boss's Heirs. Spoilers will ruin the book 3 for you.
..............................................................

Tristan was sitting behind his desk with his notes open and his books piled up in front of him. It was his senior year in high school and he was a seventeen year old with dreams. He was months away from starting college. He had secured places in top colleges and life seemed almost perfect for him from any outside observer. Yet, even though he had achived so much he knew it was not enough. He had so much responsibility. He had to live up to his mother's expectations and his father's standards. But he put all aside when he thought of his beloved, Vienna Rosario made him happy. She was all he needed in his life to feel like he could do anything. Without her, he wasn't sure if he could accomplish all he wanted in his life.... He wanted her by his side. He wanted her in his room right that very minute so they could study together. That was it. He wanted to hold her hand every day and do everything with her but of course he could not have that privilege for years to come... He was dating her but marriage was years away. Until then he wasn't allowed to have the delight of holding her in his arms when he wanted... He wasn't allowed to feel her presence under one roof as himself. He wasn't allowed to be a shield for her and protect her at all times just because it was only the beginning. They were still teenagers and there was so much to learn in life for both of them... He couldn't wait to see her in college in a few months. At least that was a positive aspect of attending a private school run by O'Neils... It was possible to start the first year of college at seventeen which he had opted to do, by long distance learning in his senior year of high school just like how Vincenzo and many others had. Now he just had to wait for Vienna to turn seventeen and then they could have some space in college. He could go straight into the second year of his course and could help Vienna with her studies in the first year. He respected Vienna's father's rules but having her in a sorority was not convenient. Rules were rules. He was to live in a fraternity with other boys from his school under heavy security and Vienna was to be with the girls... He wasn't sure how he felt with her living under the safe roof as Letizia next year. He found it peculiar. But of course there were some sane ones in her sorority that he didn't mind... Vanessa, Clarissa and Cristina were the ones that Tristan was hoping for to be   Vienna's room mates. He preferred not to imagine himself walking into Vienna's room at visiting hours seeing Letizia Marciano.

Tristan dropped his pen. He sighed as he looked outside. It was snowing. It was a cold winter in New York. It was the 1st of December 1979. Christmas was coming up soon in a few weeks and a start to a new decade was going to follow up shortly. The 80s were going to be different and everyone knew that. FBI was closing in on criminals but O'Neils and Rosarios were not in danger yet because they had covered their tracks. They left no traces of evidence anywehre. FBI had found them to be untouchable. That was it. If you wanted to survive you had to be untouchable.

Tristan turned and looked at the telephone on his desk. He was contemplating to call Vienna. He had seen her in school but he wanted to take her Christmas shopping. Rosarios were busy at this time so Vienna didn't go shopping often close to Christmas time. It was Francesco and Adele Rosario's wedding anniversary just a week after thanksgiving and the occasion extended beyond a week or two. Francesco was away for the past week spending time on his anniversary holiday and he was away in the weekend too.

Francesco Rosario kept business and personal matters mutually exclusive. It didn't matter if he was the head of an underworld organisation and one of the most feared criminal mob bosses in the whole country. He still took time off to spend time with his wife. He still took her on a vacation to celebrate his 18th wedding anniversary. Tristan really admired that about Francesco Rosario. He admired how he never sacrificed time for his family unless he had to. He hoped that when he married Francesco's daughter one day in future he could be a good family man. He was going to use every power he had to have a great family and do his duty as a husband and father no matter who he was to the rest of the world. It shouldn't have mattered if he was to inherit his mother's and his father's businesses. It shouldn't have mattered if he was to be a crime lord... It shouldn't have mattered if his father's enemies forecasted that he was going to be the most dangerous leader of his generation and amongst Irish families in the same way they forecasted Vincenzo to be the most influential and powerful Italian-American leader of the decade. It didn't matter to him how rivals were forecasting he was a force to be reckoned with. What mattered was his family. His father loved his family above no other and had sacrificed so much for him and his siblings... His father, Emanuelle O'Neil had given up on countless number of his own dreams so he could be enabled to take over from his father in the illegal business and could protect his family from the inherited enemies of grandpa O'Neil. That was it. This was a legacy challenge. He was the son of a mob boss and this was his legacy just like his father.