3. Studies

Vienna was making pan cakes on Monday morning after her lovely weekend in the kitchen while she was listening to the radio. It was still snowing outside. She was singing to the radio tune while mixing the pan cake mixture in a bowl as she looked through the window outside. She thought of all the the fun she had over the weekend Christmas shopping with Tristan and smiled. She had managed to convince him to let her buy some clothes he wasn't so fond off. Normally Tristan had the policy that they bought clothes based on each other's tastes. Tristan got himself outfits that Vienna loved mostly and he expected her to get what he wanted to see her wear. A king wanted to see her queen in more glamorous outfits but Vienna liked simplicity. Shopping for clothes was an area they mostly agreed on but also was one of the only areas Vienna could test the waters. Tristan was a future leader with authority and power. He was only going to get more responsibilities in the business world that Vienna couldn't be part of through her own choice or rather the choices her mother had made for her. Vienna knew she couldn't  have much say about anything in her life as Tristan's girl but the few occasions like clothes shopping when she had a say, she made the most of it. Sometimes her big brother objected to their mother for forbidding Vienna from getting involved in the business.

Vienna sighed as she started pouring her mixture in the pan getting on with making pan cakes. She missed Tristan already. In the past few weeks she hadn't seen much of him because he was studying as well as being involved in business his father assigned him to.

Vienna flipped the pan cakes as she stared through the windows at the empty spot that belonged to the snowman she had made with Tristan on Saturday. It was all gone. The guard dogs that belonged to Vincenzo had demolished it. She was sure his brother had ordered it on purpose. Tristan dating his baby sister was still not sitting well with Vincenzo because he felt Tristan rushed Vienna. Of course she wasn't ready to come out with her feelings when Tristan had confessed to loving her but he hadn't pressured her. He had offered to wait as long as she needed. Only he wasn't allowing her to see other boys. Not that she wanted to.

Vienna started placing the pan cakes in the plates on the kitchen counter as she watched his older brother playing with his dogs at the front. His cousin Alexander had once joked that Vincenzo preferred spending time with the dogs rather than phoning up Letizia to keep him company in his spare time. Unlucky for him, Vincenzo had heard and Alexander had suffered quite alot. But Vienna did agree with Alexander to some extent. Vincenzo didn't spend time with Letizia unless they were invited to do so. Her brother was peculiar in relationships. Him and Letizia didn't act like other couples. But maybe Vincenzo was closer to her behind closed doors. Who knew what went on in Vincenzo's mind.

Just then as she placed the plates on the table, she heard Viggo from behind her " Good morning. Wow. You made pan cakes."

Vienna turned around " Good morning."

Viggo said " it's hard to decide what to pour over it. Maple syrup is fine I guess. Do we have any?" He then walked to the fridge and opened the door. He picked up an orange juice bottle.

Vienna walked closer to him " We have everything... Mum has packed the cupboards with food... Viggo... How is Angelia?"

He drank from the orange juice bottle as he closed the fridge door. He then turned to Vienna as he put the bottle on the table " She was better last night. I stayed the night but she insisted I shouldn't. She told me to come here for breakfast because Monday morning breakfast is important before school. I tried to stay this morning before coming back here but she asked me not to. She was being good. She didn't cry last night. She was quite stable... It's all you Vienna. You took her to church and made dinner with her in the Andovini kitchen that she hadn't stepped foot in after the incident because of her memories of her family. It made a difference."