26. Christmas Eve 1979 (Part1)

Weeks Later

The sound of the telephone woke him up. Trent opened his eyes and looked at the time. It was early morning and he found himself in his father's office on the sofa. He wasn't in his bedroom even. He had fallen sleep in the office where he had a crash course with his father for the past weeks. Now he was under a lot of scrutiny. He was the younger brother who had suddenly become someone else he never knew he was going to be. His role was a complicated one. Tristan was the head of O'Neil's, O'Kanes and Giovannis. It was his birth right. Trent was now someone who now worked for his brother alongside Sebastiano. He had been following orders for weeks. His brother had been scrutinising him from a long distance in Boston while his parents oversaw what he did. It was transition period and hard to take on. But part of him surprisingly loved it. He loved the challenge. Like his twin Clarisa he loved to take on the world.

Trent rubbed his eyes as he walked to the desk. He picked up the telephone "Hello..."

Sebastiano's voice hit him like a ton of bricks " Your brother is on his way."

Trent asked in shock "What?"

Sebastiano said "He has called for a meeting now... Bring all your reports... We are meeting at the O'Kane mansion in New York in two hours. Your brother has returned to New York just now and he wants the meeting to start as soon as we get there. He told me to tell you."

Trent sighed "My father is not home. He is away on business and his plane lands at noon. I can't leave the house."

Sebastiano said "He said you might say that. Look outside your window for heavens sake. Your house is safer than the White House."

Trent said "wait" He then walked to the window "Woah..." He then quickly walked back to the phone "My uncle Jackson is here..."

Sebastiano said "Yes he is. He will take care of it..."

Trent sighed "All right. Let me get dressed. I will be down there soon."

Sebastiano hung up the phone and looked down at his reports one last time. He sighed as he looked around the office. Ever since weeks ago he had been subjected to a lot of pressure. Times were changing. He thought of how much life had changed.

Sebastiano sighed as he collected all that he needed and made his way outside. He got into a car and looked at his home. He could see his father Sergio Giovanni looking down on him. It was training time and he had to pass his tests. He was confident in action but not so confident in theory. He never thought he would be an underboss for Tristan responsible with overseeing the Giovannis. He thought Tristan was going to have the sole role while he took part in action. He didn't want to lead when Tristan was the obvious candidate deserving of it. Now it was time to work hard.

Sebastiano arrived early and saw Jonas around the mansion's front grounds. He got off the car and nodded at him "Why aren't you inside?"

Jonas said "I have a visitor."

Sebastiano looked at him top to bottom "Sure. It seems like you have an important visitor... Tristan has a meeting. Aren't you attending."

Jonas rubbed his neck "He gave me time off. This meeting is life changing. I can't miss it... The meeting hasn't started but Tristan said if you want you can go sit in his office. He is doing a job interview. He doesn't mind you watching him."