5. Outcast Is Back

Vienna was sat on a desk in the classroom waiting for Tristan to get her a drink for the break time. She blushed at the memory of their kissing session. Tristan loved holding her a lot. The simplest actions by her turned him on. As she was looking around class, she noticed a knock on the door. Tristan never knocked. She called out " Come in."

The door opened and the last person she expected to see showed up at the door. She gasped " You are here. When did you arrive." She then got off the desk and walked to his cousin but he took a few steps backwards as he put his hand up. He spoke with a smile " Hi there Vienna... Your man told me you are here so I came here to greet you but I don't want to get a black eye. It's almost Christmas. So let's not hug."

Vienna shook her head as she walked to him and embraced him in a tight hug " Stop it Austin. He won't give you a black eye."

Austin replied " Everyone wants to punch me if they get an excuse."

Vienna replied " You are the cause of it. You clash with the boys." She then pulled away and took a step back " How long are you staying this christmas? "

Austin replied "I am in New York this week and next week in Washington DC, then its back and forth until the end of Christmas holidays. Thats when I am going back to Italy. I was lucky I caught the early flight today. The flight after me has delays it seems. Tristan told me. He said his sister will be delayed because Vincenzo thinks so."

Vienna asked " How is your mother?"

Austin looked around " You shouldn't be asking about her. Your father pretends she doesn't exist. She flew to Washington DC of course to see my grandparents. I am here to see my father. But he seems to be away on call. I just thought I show up in school even though our exams in Italy finishes well before advent starts. I can always do some independent study in the library while I wait around and kill time. Why not? Then I go back and forth."

Vienna looked at him with sympathy "I am so sorry Austin. I know this must be hard for you to be caught in the middle. Give it time. Your mother is the American ambassador in Italy. My mother doesnt tell me much about why my father has banned your mother from our home. She says we cant talk about Elise O'Brien, the daughter of Senator O'Brien. There is history there. At least your father is allowed to see you. My uncle Angelo has missed you."

Austin smiled sadly "I missed him too. Do you know how long I have waited to go to a baseball game with him? At least my parents are not divorced. I dont know how they keep the marriage together. My father even keeps telling my mother to quit her ambassador job and come back to America. But she feels better this way away from it all. My parents are not divorced but they are as good as."

Vienna asked in a whisper "Where are you this christmas? You are not in Washington DC. are you?"

Austin "Nodded. I am. I will be dining with white house personnel the day after christmas. Oh well. My grandparents invited my father and his family which includes yours. My father said he can come but not his family. Oh boy. They dont know what your father does. My grandparents think, he is a normal business man."

Vienna shrugged "They have nothing on my father. No proof. No evidence to pin on him. Lets keep it that way." She emphesised on her last words.

Austin caught the emphasis and sighed "Come on Vienna. You do know my lips are sealed and so is my mother's. She owes her life to Patricia Rosario, your father's aunt and also your aunt Anna Rosario has been so good to us in Italy. My mother would never tell anyone about what your family does. If she wasnted to betray your family she would have done it by now. But what about me? You think I would betray my own blood? You do. Dont you?"