52. For Her (Bonus 9)

Roberto, Anna's father was bound to the wall as he was watching Antonio on a table with doctors trying to save him. He had lost a lot of blood by the looks of it. He could hear doctors trying to stabilise him. He wasn't sure what was happening. Was there a cardiac arrest. He didn't know. They were giving Antonio shock after shock. He was worried for him. He had no idea how Antonio had been caught. It was impossible to catch a man like him. He never got caught. He died fighting or killed everyone. How did they catch him. He was a skilled hit man. Antonio was a security expert. So they had placed them now in a highly secure section a couple of floors below ground with no windows. Jackson must have feared they escaped.

Roberto asked "Is he going to live?"

One of the doctors looked at one of the guards who nodded at them "You can talk to him doctor."

The doctor said "It depends. We have given him medication. If his body can survive this blood loss and there is no infection he may live. It's not easy fighting off an infection on a wound like this when he has lost so much blood. We have done what we could."

The doctors packed up and left Antonio there alone with the guards who restrained him to the table.

As the guards left, he weakly looked at Roberto. "I am sorry Roberto. I couldn't save your daughter."

Roberto sighed "What happened?"

Antonio slowly spoke telling Roberto everything who was listening intently.

Antonio said sadly "I am afraid Roberto. What if she is developing feelings for him. He has her captive and making her believe there is no hope of escape. What if she cracks? I don't know any more. What I saw says she loves him."

Roberto said defensively "No. My daughter never loved him. He was always the unwanted admirer she never wanted. She loves Arturo. The man provides everything she wants and needs. He has never hurt her unlike Jackson. Why would my daughter love a man who hurt her?"

Antonio looked up at the ceiling "I am not as optimistic. She could have escaped. She had the chance. If she had done what I told her, she could escape and get help with enough time to spare for me to kill Jackson and rescue you. She hadn't even turned on her engine. I was waiting for her to leave. Then I could go and find some machine guns there on the roof. They had a unit there. I saw it when I went back up to get her to leave.... She didn't try to leave. Why is that? I don't understand why she would not leave fast enough for me to have the chance to kill Jackson and save you..."

Roberto said "She is my daughter. I didn't raise a weak woman Antonio. My daughter won't betray her husband."

Antonio said "Then why didn't she leave? She told me she didn't want to leave me behind and didn't think I could save you. But it makes no sense. She fears Jackson and I don't get why. Jackson is nothing. Not when so many unite against him. She must not give in. Then there is this... I asked her if she minds when I kill Jackson. She said she doesn't want anyone to die for her. Since when? Doesn't she know how precious she is to the males in this family? We will die before we let any man takes her away."

Roberto said " She must be scared. She is fearing Jackson because she knows what he is capable of. Jackson has no honour. He has no soul. He pretends to be honourable. He isn't. My daughter made a mistake by not escaping. A costly one."

The door opened and Jackson came in. As he came in Roberto cursed at him. "Get out you coward."

Jackson raised an eyebrow at him "You think I am a coward? Do you?" He then walked to him. He punched him in the face and then punched him in the gut. "If you want me to unchain you, learn to watch your mouth old man."