57. More Involvement (Bonus 14)

Amethyst was sitting next to the window of the ground floor lobby at the O'Neil mansion. Her eyes were to the gates. She just wanted to see someone come in with news of her mother being safe. She knew that could be hours away or heavens forbid it could never come.

Sancia Giovanni walked past and said "Darling. Why don't you come get some breakfast. Your uncle Ambrogio said you have eaten nothing since last night."

Amethyst kept looking outside "I am fine Ms Giovanni. Thank you."

Sancia stopped a few steps behind her "Darling. You are not even meant to know what has happened. You only know because Trent overheard my husband talking to his men about it."

Amethyst was glad Trent had found out. He had tried to contact her only to trace her to New York and Ambrogio Voltolini's business office. That was where Andreas and her were meant to be on a secret day trip from Italy. They had just arrived last night and were due to go back after their uncle Ambrogio finished his business. The location where her brother and Amethyst were at all times was determined by their father. They went on secret trips. They relocated for different reasons and told no one. When their father went on business trips the entire family did too at times depending on her father's decision. Andreas and her were meant to stay in Milan but uncle Ambrogio got permission for travel across Atlantic. Her uncle Ambrogio's operator had only told Trent because he was an O'Neil. Despite her father not liking the O'Neil's they were on good business relations and high trust levels.

Amethyst turned to Sancia Giovanni "But I do know what's happened. I can't overlook the fact that my mother could now be suffering."

Sancia rolled her eyes "Your mother can handle it darling. She chose to leave the care of her body guards. She got abducted. I don't wish to say your mother is to blame but evidence says it loud and clear. Your mother is at fault for her situation as she did not take security measures seriously. Now there will be consequences."

Amethyst said "I know. It still hurts."

Sancia said "You sitting next to the window won't bring any news darling. Come get some breakfast. I am sure if there is news Trent will call you."

Amethyst looked outside "How likely is it that ... my mother doesn't come back?"

Sancia said "Quite unlikely darling. She won't be killed. No one has anything to gain by killing your mother. But darling it's your father who can be a target. It is likely he is in danger. You are now old enough to understand that."

Amethyst nodded sadly "I am worried for my mother more."

Sancia said "Why darling? She won't die. She is in the least danger in your family. You are in more danger actually and so is your brother. I don't know what Ambrogio is thinking dragging your brother around in the open knowing the danger he could be in."

Amethyst looked at Sancia "Why didn't you allow me to go with Andreas? You could convince uncle Ambrogio. You let Clarissa go with Trent."

Sancia said "Darling. I need you to understand this. Sometimes staying safe is bigger help. If your father worried where you are then it won't help anyone's case. But you are right sweetie. I could convince your uncle Ambrogio. I know you don't like to hear it. But what happened to you and the coma history made me be cautious. Your mother took chances on your life once. I can't do it twice."

Amethyst didn't like to be reminded of her health history. She was fine now. She had recovered but her father hadn't. Her father was sensitive about her safety. Even if Andreas did the slightest thing that was a threat to her like throwing a ball at her, he was dealt with in the most extreme way by her father. Her father was always a controlling disciplinarian but his protectiveness of her just was excessive. Trent was naturally cautious and gentle so he never got into trouble. But Andreas was quite an aggressive risk taker as he was growing older and nothing deterred him. He treated her like the baby sister he liked to tease and annoy no matter how many times he got told off for it.