40. Avalanche

Tristan was holding Vienna in his arms as he was standing on the rooftop of his father's house. He had lost count of the minutes how long she had her back to his chest while watching stars using his new telescope. He was rubbing her tummy from time to time getting chuckles from her as she was ticklish.

Vienna wished these moments could last longer. It was rare. She hadn't spent time with him at his father's home in a while. Tonight her father had allowed her to come with her mother while he took care of business. Viggo and Vincenzo were gone too. She had asked Viggo what was the emergency that her mother and her had to go to the O'Neil mansion. He had said it was about Vincenzo and what he had planned. She wasn't sure what that meant.

Tristan whispered to her "Are you done now? I am waiting to kiss you."

Vienna teased "You can kiss me."

It made Tristan sigh in frustration "I want to kiss your lips."

Vienna said "Well, I am busy right now..."

Tristan said "Is this how you want to play? You do know I can tickle you much harder... Right?"

Vienna pretended to be worried as she gasped "I am scared..."

Tristan said "You have 3 seconds... 1,..."

Vienna sighed and turned around as Tristan loosened his hold. She stared into his eyes "You always make me turn around... If I didn't know I would say you are jealous of the stars when I look at them."

Tristan gently wrapped his arms around her... "Of course. I get jealous when you don't look at me and I am right next to you." He then leaned close and attached his lips to hers.

Vienna was feeling his love. She was feeling the full force of it. His kiss was urgent. It was not painful or forceful. It was gentle but Tristan had the skill to make his feelings known with his kisses. He was giving her his jealous kisses. He was devouring her lips. She found herself totally at his mercy as his hands went around her waist. He was holding her possessively but not forcefully. He was telling her she was his and only his. Her heart was beating faster now as she was feeling the closeness getting to her. Just when she was about to pull away and push Tristan to get a breather, Tristan stopped. He timed it well. He knew when to stop. She was finding it fascinating how he knew her so well.

Tristan was now staring into her eyes intensely as his eyes wandered to her lips at times. She was breathing hard and the movement of her lips as her breath hit his face made him want to make out with her even more. He leaned close not being able to resist as he kissed her cheek. He then pulled away as he took a deep breath knowing he had to stop or he was going to make out with her until her mother called her down stairs to have tea with the ladies "Vienna ... I wish to discuss something with you. I don't know if you are aware but ... there is so much happening in my life... You know ... As days go by I get closer to the date... There is a day ... when I will need to... I don't know how to tell you this..."

Vienna was looking at him confused "What is it? You are worrying me? Why can't you tell me straight away?"

Tristan said "It's not that simple. You know how you have heard of the Irish and Italian tensions rising? It is going beyond what you can imagine... What do you know about the Italian Irish rivalry?"

Vienna said "I know as much as Viggo. He has told me there are talks to keep peace whenever tensions rise because of FBI closing on crime lords and those who serve them..."

Tristan nodded "That is correct but ... it is much deeper than that. You know who I am now. I know you don't like to be reminded of it but I am a symbol. I am an O'Kane heir. The Irish families gather together in a syndicate in secret. Italians have their own world and we have ours."