62. Fearsome (Bonus 19)

Tristan was riding in his car near midnight as he was reading a news paper. He was finding the reports amusing. The public heard one thing and he knew of another version. It was game on with the authorities and the public were not part of the game.

His car stopped and he carried on reading. As the door opened to his car, he could sense the fear in the air. He heard the shaky breaths of his blood relative who was probably masking his fear with shivering from the cold.

The car moved as Jonas got in.

Tristan didn't look up from his newspaper "It was nice of you to join me Jonas."

Jonas breathed "You asked to see me. It's late."

Tristan said "It's late. Is it Jonas? Then why are you hanging out in the wrong side of town." He then put his newspaper to the side and stared at the nephew of Jackson O'Kane.

Jonas gave him a nervous smile "I am sorry. I was just passing by."

Tristan asked "What were you doing here?"

Jonas looked away. He looked at the windows that were getting covered with rain drops "I came by to enjoy a music performance. It's for charity. A good cause."

Tristan asked "How peculiar. Did you have company? A company who is of the opposite gender?"

Jonas hesitated and sighed "Well. I ..."

Tristan stated "You came here on a date with Anastasia Santiago, the daughter of Sergei Santiago. Why do you hide it?"

Jonas stiffened and didn't look up "I am sorry."

Tristan said "Lets get to the point... Why are you messing around with Anastasia? Why are you dating her?"

Jonas was still not looking at Tristan. "I am not messing her about. She invited me on this date."

Tristan said "Then why are you leading her on? Tell her you can't be with her."

Jonas looked at Tristan "I can't do that."

Tristan said "You tell her or Alexander will. Antonio's son fights for her and right now he is busy nursing his father's wounds at the Rosario hospital. Now that Alexander's father got a pardon, I can see Alexander come knocking on your door soon demanding from you to stop messing Anastasia about. Truth will come out Jonas. Alexander is watching you."

Jonas asked "Alexander is watching me?"

Tristan said "Alexander is angry that you are messing her around when you don't like her really."

Jonas defended "Its not like that. She is a sweet girl. It's not that I don't like her... I do like her as a normal friend."

Tristan said " Drop the act. Tell her you don't like her in that way. She is not your type. You know what I mean. You are only with her because uncle Jackson doesn't mind you getting too close with enemies so you can help strike them off. You are using her. It ends now..."

Jonas asked "Can I be blunt? Do you give me permission? May I  be honest? Please."

Tristan said "You may."

Jonas said "Alexander is welcome to take her away but he must do it himself. I can't."

Tristan said "Alexander is a Rosario. He follows the rules and standards. It's easier if you accept my offer now or it will get ugly. He is patient but he has honour. You blew your cover Jonas awhile ago. You have had your fair share of girls you just hit on and moved on. Anastasia gave you a chance. You used her. You will pay for it one day. I won't make you pay. Her future man will though. End this pretence now and come clean or it will get worse. I don't want a public show down between you and Alexander."