47. Viennese Cake (Bonus 4)

Vienna woke up early and left her room to go for a run. As she opened her bedroom door, she saw a big basket with Viennese cake decorated with pink ribbons. She read the card. "Would you have tea with me this morning? I am waiting in my car outside." She smiled. It was Tristan probably trying to help her get through the hard times. Her father was occupied and she wasn't being told anything except it was crisis time and she was going to be told about the details later.

She made her way down with her basket and left the building. She looked at her watch. It was dark outside still. What was he thinking coming so early? She walked to his car and the door opened.

Tristan gave her a look of disapproval "Where is your coat?" He took the basket off her and said "Come in. So is this a yes?"

Vienna got into the warm car and sat down opposite him as she closed the car door "Good morning. Tristan. I was going for a run. You are spoiling me with this cake.

Tristan said "It has your name on it."

Vienna blushed " Am I eatable then?"

Tristan took out two flasks "Sure. You are." He said in a serious tone "Wear my spare coat Vienna. Its cold."

Vienna put his coat on. He always was prepared. She said "You know. You dont need to keep taking care of me whenever I am with you. I am going to college in a few months. I can take care of myself and get a taste of loneliness."

Tristan said "Independence doesnt need to be a lonely journey Vienna." He handed her one of the flasks "Its tea with jasmine taste. My sister likes it."

Vienna said "I like it too."

Tristan said with a sad smile "Vienna. Are you okay? Do you want to talk about whats been happening?"

Vienna said "I dont know whats happening Tristan. I just know my father is safe. Your father is with him and Vincenzo. Thats the latest news that Viggo told me. He wont lie to me. He said every one is safe. Thats all that matters. I try not to think about it you know... My father doesnt like our grandpa... It cant make our father happy. I am sad. But there is nothing I can do right now. I just have to pass time until it all ends." She unwrapped the box slowly and cut a slice of the cake and put it on a napkin. She handed it to Tristan "You are so organised. I am a girl and I never could arrange things last minute like you. You have everything planned out."

She then cut out a piece of cake for herself and put it on a napkin.

Tristan said "What makes you think I didnt plan it for long? Vienna you are all I think about right now. My life is unexpected each day but when it comes to you I know exactly what I want to say to you and do with you."

She started eating her cake "This is delicious."

Tristan loved watching her eat. She looked adorable when the smallest things excited her.

Tristan said " Vienna. would you come to my house for lunch?"

Vienna said "My mother is alone here. I cant leave her Tristan."

Tristan said "I just saw Viggo patrolling around this mansion. He told me your mother is being watched by a team of doctors including your uncle Angelo. So I dont see how you can do much more for your mother right now. Its only a few hours away."

Vienna shrugged "I dont know. She doesnt look well. She is quite worried sick. They gave her some sleeping pills. She had a panic attack in the middle of the night. She couldnt stop crying."

Tristan took a sip from his coffee and said "My mother wont cry before something happens. Your mother only gets sick before anything has happened at all. Your father can handle anything. Why does your mother worry for your father is beyond me. Doesnt she grasp who she is married to? I have never met anyone like your mother. She is hysterical."