39. Home

O'Neil was sitting in his office reading through the piles of reports from his businesses. Trent had done all the work but still he liked to check everything even though his son was a perfectionist like himself. As he was reading he heard a knock. Then he saw his door open and his daughter walked in. She quickly closed the door and then gave out a shaky breath as she turned to her father.

O'Neil raised eyebrow "What's the matter princess?"

Clarisa walked towards her fathers desk "I need to talk to you..."

O'Neil said "If it's about hiding you from the beast, you are in the right place. Or do you want help getting him out of the way so you get another boyfriend?" Part of him wished she was tired of the beast finally. Who wanted to deal with him? She could handle anyone without needing help. It had to be the beast that had pushed her to his room.

Clarisa shook her head with wide eyes and she put her hands on the table "You can't say that. He will get very angry if he finds out you said that."

O'Neil said "Angry is his middle name. What's the matter child?"

Clarisa paused and then looked around "Where are those telegrams that he sent you. He said he sent you some information about my ... activities..."

O'Neil nodded "Yes. If it's about your stunt in Sicily, I know all about it. I have my people releasing your bodyguards... but it's on the beast's terms. I have no leverage over him unless you threaten to break up with him." He then chuckled at her shocked expression "Its only jokes. Relax child...."

Clarisa closed her eyes "He is super jealous, don't joke about his territory or who's in it..." She then opened her eyes "Aren't you mad? I did break the rules."

O'Neil said "Mad? Terza Clarisa. I raised you knowing you will turn out like your mother. I am not mad. I am proud of you for trying to put the beast in his place. He doesn't dictate his terms to you... He is mad you left the sanctuary of Milan boarding school. But I would rather if you rebel you take bodyguards with you which you did. Vitale busted you. Next time instead of going through the door climb the wall..."

Clarisa really expected her father to be mad "I don't follow."

O'Neil rolled his eyes "Next time... Just surprise whoever you want to ambush. If one way failed to deliver results it doesn't mean another way gives you the same outcome... "

Clarisa whispered "I am ... shocked you are not mad I left Milan without telling you..."

O'Neil said "Agostini told me. I said let her leave. Don't intercept her... You will always be watched Terza Clarissa. I know you never will do as I say so I just watch you. I won't revoke permission for you to go back. You are free. Do as you wish but I am watching you... I knew in Rosario harbours you were safe... The beast's reputation has filled the entire island. So is there anything else you want to tell me about?"

Terza shook her head.

O'Neil asked "Are you sure? Actually I do have questions... I am not too concerned with your choices... I am more concerned with what I didn't hear from the beast... The beast failed to mention if his grandfather was keeping his distance like he was meant to. Tell me did his grandfather ever hurt you..."

Clarisa shook his head "He didn't even talk to me much. The last time I heard him was on the plane speaking to the b...,, I mean Vincenzo. He got off the plane and went a separate way."

O'Neil  stood up "Did his grandpa make any comments towards you that you didn't like?"

Terza shook her head "No. I hardly saw him."

O'Neil nodded. He silently stared at his daughter... "You know sunshine... I only have one regret in my life... I regret not killing the beast's grandpa ... but of course I thoughts it's best to ask the beast's papa for permission for it. He didn't give me permission... But I wait... If the beast can't control his grandpa I will end him. Are you sure the crazy grandpa of his didn't look at you funny?"