13. Heated Convention

Peace was a luxury that Tristan never took for granted. In history it was hard to find peace governing earth for too long. War was inevitable. At some point fighting happened. But he never expected war happening so quick while he hardly had time to blink. Who was going to stop this now? Sterling Johnson was even standing aside and listening to the threats thrown in the air. This was all a nightmare, one that some watched with satisfaction. He looked past the crowd at the satisfied looking Paulo Rosario. It was like he was watching a movie. He had sat back. He was relaxed and his eyes sparkled every time Vitale spoke. His nephew had started a nightmare for all. This conference was not for creating distance. It was for retaining peace and finding solutions to problems.

Tristan then saw Francesco Rosario come in. For some reason it did turn some heads even though everyone was silently watching the heated exchange mainly involving the matters concerning the youth from the three families at the centre of the mayhem. That man had power around him. Francesco came in with force. He had elegance and class that no man in that room had.  Was he going to stop the war? Or was he going to be a helpless observer like Tristan at that moment? He then saw Vincenzo stood at one side of his father as Viggo stood on the other side as they watched the scene listening intently.

Tristan's stare met Vincenzo's. He gave Tristan a half smile that Tristan returned. He was what he was. A complex being he tried to analyse without success. He could never get over the fact that the truth was in front of him but he never stopped to dig deeper. Vincenzo was a master of distraction and diversion. He had managed to not lead Tristan to the truth. What else did Vincenzo hide? He couldn't believe Vincenzo had done such sacrifice. He never thought Vincenzo was so loyal to his blood. It had increased his popularity for sure. The Italians murmured their admiration for him and how he was honourable. Would he have done the same if he was in Vincenzo's position? Not a chance. He dealt with such matters differently. Maybe he would have caused a war anyway if he immediately came out in the open about it but at least they would have been minors. Now Vitale was eighteen and Vincenzo was as close to age of consent as Tristan was. Now there was going to be a deadly war.

Tristan was alarmed as the tension was becoming higher. He wondered if they were going to draw guns right there. It was one big mess.

The Voltolinis were the unlikely part of this argument but they had become involved after Lucianos had named their price for peace with the Rosarios. They wanted Tiziana. They actually proposed that Tiziana Rosario was to be promised to Juliano Luciano for marriage when she turned eighteen in order for peace to go ahead. The Lucianos were clever. The Don on the Rosario side was going to approve. The Rosarios were good friends with the Lucianos. But of course Vitale was having none of it. That was why the Italian Rosarios were split on this. Vitale had the right to defend his sister and voice his opinion but the Don said the last word as the head of the Italian based Rosario family. Scorpious had vowed to kill Vitale and Juliano if they forced Tiziana's hand. He wanted Tiziana at all costs. Lucianos were also throwing threats at Scorpious to back off. Of course the adults now had gotten involved at this stage after the youth had their say. Lucianos wanted war with Rosarios unless they had a promise for Tiziana to be engaged to Julioano when she was of legal age.

Scorpios had to be restrained by his uncle now. He was losing it. Ambrogio whispered "There is time to negotiate this. Calm down nephew."

Scorpious was outraged as his hands were locked behind him by his uncle. He breathed "I will kill you both. Vitale and Luciano. I would make it as painful as I can. You are not worthy to even mention her name." But he stopped struggling accepting his uncle's order.

Vitale declared "Wow. You show your love to my sister by throwing your threats at me. Who do you think you are talking to?"

Tristan rolled his eyes at that. Scorpious could say the same back to him. Scorpious's uncle from mother side was Arturo Agostini and his uncle from his father's side was Ambrogio Voltolini. Of course the Rosarios on their own had no chance in Italy unless Franecsco Rosario got the American side of the family involved with the allies that meant the Irish. There was no guarantee Francesco Rosario was going to get involved. He was not going to get involved in Italy where his father was gaining some power and influence.