60. Bleak Future (Bonus 17)

Tristan was accompanying Andreas to the O'Neil house after the rescue mission was complete. They were sitting in a car. Tristan was looking at Andreas silently as the air was tick with tension.

Tristan asked " You haven't said a word ever since have gotten into my car."

Andreas turned to Tristan "Do you really want to talk about this? I don't think you do. I am going to be your guest alongside my sister, Amethyst while my father is going on a vacation since uncle Francesco is dealing with his ... father, uncle Antonio and your uncle's mess. I prefer to be at a Rosario house. I keep it civil with you and we don't have to talk about what happened. I don't need to..."

Tristan said "Well. I do. Tell me what's bothering you?"

Andreas looked outside "I endure this all. You are dating my cousin and I need to count you as almost a part of family. I am frustrated with how indifferent you are. You are too calm for my liking after what happened... But I endure it keeping the peace."

Tristan said "Calmness is not a sign of indifference. Talk to me about what's wrong.... We can have a conversation."

Andreas said "What's wrong? Well... Your father's uncle just snatched my mother from under your radar and set traps for my father to kill him. This is disturbing but it gets better. He seemed to feel an entitlement to actually claim me as his own too. He said he wanted to tame me so I became his obedient son that he never had ... I don't know if it was going to be after or before he was going to make mother a widow or get her to sign the divorce papers..."

Tristan said "He didn't succeed."

Andreas said "No he didn't. What's most disturbing is we haven't found his body yet. He could be vaporised or he could have escaped. No one knows. This rescue mission didn't find a body. That's bothering me."

Tristan said "Is it really? I don't think it is."

Andreas said "Of course it is."

Tristan said "I know you Andreas. I know your father also. You wanted him to be captured alive. In my view, to you or your father, it's the same thing if Jackson is dead or he has escaped. His death and his existence have their own repercussions. He was a game player. You lose if you get caught. You wanted to find him alive. That's bothering you."

Andreas said "You bother me Tristan. You do too."

Tristan said "That's not my intention to bother you. What bothers you about me?"

Andreas said "You don't seem to get it. You don't seem to get the problem. You must start thinking about the consequences of your actions. How many times did Vincenzo tell you about Jackson's role in causing Vienna's accident? You wanted evidence. What about now? You want evidence? Well. There is none. That building is vaporised into thin air. You can't ignore warning signs."

Tristan asked "What makes you think I ignored them? I had my uncle under surveillance. I tracked him where ever he was..."

Andreas said "You should have killed him."

Tristan said "Your father should have killed him too when he had his chances years before I was born. It's easy to look back with regrets. I don't. I never regret the past. I don't live in the past. I suggest you don't either."

Andreas said "I am not asking you to live in the past... I am asking you to look at the mirror and see that being a controlling maniac doesn't change anything if you don't listen to warnings. If you killed your uncle this would not have happened."

Tristan said "Well. As I said... If killing was the best option your father would have done it before me. Jackson was known to your father before me and he had motives to kill him. I had no evidence to convict him..."