24. An Irish Route

Vienna watched in disbelief and cringed as she watched Tristan threw an aftershave bottle at his cousin. She gasped as she saw Tristan having a hard look in his eyes staring at the door still even though his cousin was gone. He declared "Vienna. Wait here for me. I am coming back." He then started walking towards the door.

Vienna asked "Where are you going Tristan? Are you going to go check on your cousin to see if he is ok? " She then gulped as she saw his eyes turn to her as he stopped as he was about to turn the door knob. He looked quite serious.

Tristan stopped. He became thoughtful and then raised an eyebrow as his hand was resting on the door knob "To check on him? Of course. Thats exactly what I am going to do. I will check if I did any damage. I am not sure if I hit him and where I hit him exactly. Its always good to check up close. Just make yourself comfortable here."

Vienna said "Good idea. I think you hurt him. I heard the bottle made impact on him..."

Tristan sighed as he opened the door. He didn't think the bottle did any damage at all. He wanted it to break into pieces. It didnt. New bottles were more impact resistant.

He saw his cousin from far and nodded to his men to stop him. passing through the corridors. Just as he signalled four guards at the end of the corridor stepped in front of Jonas and blocked his path.

Tristan declared "Escort him to room 444."

Jonas turned around and sighed. His cousin couldn't take a joke. Of course he didn't. Jonas was accompanied to a room and left there. The room was completely empty. It had no furniture. It was mostly for beating people up. Furniture came in the way.

Tristan entered a minute later and closed the door soundly making Jonas jump. Jonas had never experienced Tristan's wrath directed at him before but he could see why no one wanted to be subjected to it. The expression in Tristan's eyes said he needed to be worried.

Jonas put his hand up and surrender "Whatever it is that has got on your nerves, I apologise for it. Maybe we can talk about it."

Tristan stopped in his tracks and gave him an unreadable look. He then chuckled darkly as he took a few steps to his cousin closing the distance between them "I don't accept apologies Jonas when it comes to messing with my girl."

Jonas paled. Instinct told him not to question him. He kept silent. He knew when it came to Vienna the rules changes. family or no family he could suffer if he offended vienna. So he asked the dreaded question "Is Vienna offended by me?"

Tristan narrowed his eyes "Should she be?"

Jonas knew to reply carefully. Tristan was going to beat the daylights out of him if he acted defiant. He just had to clear up the issue. He stated "I hope she isnt offended by me. I am loyal to her."

Tristan started circling his cousin who was standing unmoving " What made you think you can order my girl what to do? Telling my girl what to do is never a good idea Jonas. You should remember that."

Jonas knew better than to argue. He said " I made a suggestion. I didnt order her. I swear."

Tristan stopped circling him as he stood in front of him and put his hands behind his back "You suggested? Really?"

Jonas said "Yes. I am sorry. It was a joke. I also think she wanted to come up and see you. She was tired waiting downstairs for you. I just thought its a good idea. I thought it would cheer you up to see her. Honest. Please believe me."

Tristan said "Is that all you can say in your defence? Come on Jonas. Do you think this is enough for me to hear such excuse when I am making up my mind about your verdict?"