14. Getting Answers His Way

Tristan was watching his sister intently. He felt strange. He had never felt this way before. He had full faith in his sister making the right choices. But he was on edge. It had happened too fast. He never expected his baby sister to end up with the beast. He looked across the room and noticed Vienna wasn't expecting this either. She was still in the same spot she was before next to Viggo at the drinks table following her brother's movements with silence intently. Tristan decided to go to Vienna. He stood up and as he walked away he walked past the Sicilians who gave him hard looks. He was his father's son. He didn't allow their unfriendly stares bother him. It was no secret they didn't like him. They made sure it was made clear that his father was no friend of theirs. He saw Vincenzo's grandfather on one of the tables. He had nerve he even showed his face. After what he had done he didn't think he was going to make his presence well known. His grandpa Giovanni was not there that night. His son Sergio Giovanni was sitting with his associates instead. He was taking a break due to a health condition which was a front for his house arrest. His mother was mad at him for endangering Tristan. It was a time full of tension.

Vienna saw Tristan coming and she looked at Viggo " He is coming. What do you think his reaction is to Vincenzo dating his sister of all the girls?"

Viggo was staring at his brother who was walking with Clarisa to the tables to get food. " He must care. That's his baby sister. But I think he cares about you too."

Vienna whispered " What if he is mad? I am worried Viggo. What if he is angry?"

Viggo chuckled " Since when are you concerned with that. He shows his Irish Love to you and Irish wrath to the rest of the world. You don't need to worry. If he is mad, he will talk it out with Vincenzo." Viggo felt for Vienna. It was impossible to tell if Tristan was angry or happy. He always kept his emotions in check. You couldn't tell by just looking at him how he felt. He was a master of it now for sure. Viggo smiled " I need to go check on Angelia. She is in her room resting. Good luck with Tristan."

Vienna watched her brother walk away. On the way, Tristan hit his shoulder against Viggo and gave him a look " Why does she look worried? Is it your doing?"

Viggo put his hand up in surrender " Vienna is fine. I didn't do anything." He then smiled and walked away. Tristan never changed. He only saw Vienna in the room and nothing else mattered.

Tristan walked to Vienna and looked at her as he spoke softly " Are you okay?"

Vienna was taken back " Me? I am fine... Well, your sister just commuted herself to my big brother. Tristan... Are you okay? I am sorry about this. I had no idea about this. I swear. If I knew I would have told you."

Tristan reached his hand to her cheek and stroked it as he leaned close and kissed her on the lips gently. As he broke away he spoke " I know Vienna. I know everything. Your brother managed to keep this a secret for so long. I wished he hadn't. I am not mad at him but I am not thrilled with him either. My baby sister is the one who should forgive or forget. Not me. That's your brother. He acts on his own accord without consultation. I would have done what I could to protect my cousin too if I had to. If sebastiano asked me to help him I would have but I wouldn't have gone this far. I trust the adults to have had a better solution."

Vienna asked in a hushed tone "What will happen to Letizia? I am worried about her."

Tristan shrugged " No one knows. She should have known not to play with a gun when she was on someone else's territory. He nearly shot someone. If I shoot someone for no reason I expect to face the consequences."

Vienna looked around her and then looked up " My uncle Pietro is in a difficult situation. He would rather cut out protection for Letizia so she is handed over to Lucianos for trial than watch his daughter get promised to Juliano. But it seems like this is the peaceful way."