51. An Attempt (Bonus 8)

Anna was clutching Antonio's hand as he lead her into a storage room after passing through a few tunnels. It was quite cold in there. Antonio barricaded the door with as many objects he could see.

Anna asked "What are we going to do?"

Antonio said "We wait."

Anna sat down on a pile of fur "Where is this place?"

Antonio turned and walked to her. He sat opposite her "Its probably where he dumps anything he wants to store. Anything. Including dead bodies. So I wouldn't go looking around if I were you."

Anna said "We dont have a chance of escape. Do we?"

Antonio said "I cant be sure whats the best way. We just wait. The place is heavily guarded. Once he wakes up he will be calling more troops. I need to get word out that we are here. I couldnt see any phones that worked. He has cut off the communication lines. But he must have one for himself somewhere."

Anna said "There was nothing in his office that said its a phone."

Antonio said "He has alarms. But that just calls security. We need a phone to get to someone out there to come get us..."

Anna said "Do you know where we are?"

Antonio said "Yes. I do. But just getting word to your husband or Francesco that we are abducted by your ex is enough. They will find him even if he melts into the ground."

Anna breathed "They will kill him..."

Antonio said "They should. I would be very surprised if Jackson lives on... Anna... Can you be honest with me? Why do I get the vibe that you would want him to live?"

Anna said "I dont want anyone to die for me..."

Antonio shook his head "He has threatened to kill your husband. He has abducted you and brought you here. He has threatened to make you his wife or so you tell me. Yet you dont want him to die. He cant live after pulling a stunt like this..."

Anna said "You made mistakes and you live..."

Antonio said "You are right. I should be dead. I am only alive because Francesco doesnt want his eldest son to mourn me since he looks upto me. Since my crime was against Vincenzo and he wants me to live, I live... I wish they killed me to be honest... Now here I am stuck here... I cant get out. If I do step out, someone will spot me and Francesco said my wife dies if I come back. What kind of living is this, being locked away by Jackson?"

Anna said "You are blood... Jackson is not blood... So thats why Jackson cant live... I think he is hard to kill either way..."

Antonio said "But you want him to live either way. Isn't that right? You can tell me to mind my own business but we are in the middle of a crisis here Anna. You need to be honest with me. Do you have feelings for him?"

Anna said "Why do you ask me this?"

Antonio said "Because it matters. I need to know..."

Anna said "I dont wish to talk about how I feel. I am a married woman... Isn't that proof enough for you that Jackson is not part of my life?"

Antonio said "Anna. You dont understand... I need to know how you feel about him... It is because I am ... going to kill him..."

Anna gasped "What?"

Antonio said "I need to kill him but not while you are in this building. If you are caught and I kill Jackson there is no guarantee they wont hurt you. Yes, they take orders from Tristan. But if anyone kills their boss they have clear orders on punishing the killer and the accomplice. You cant be here. I dont feel comfortable with you being here when I kill him."