2. Snowfall

Vienna was walking hand in hand with Tristan around a Christmas market in New York. Security was tight. The market was in a closed area open to members only next to an O'Neil casino and a Rosario restaurant. All the workers there were frisked and searched at the entrance to the market. She wasn't searched of course. She never recalled being searched. Not even at any airport. Tristan was ever allowing anyone to touch her.

Vienna walked to different stalls and shopped finding it hard to choose from the variety available.

The guards were everywhere. But Vienna didn't see what the tight security was for. She was a Rosario. Always a target. No one took chances with her life. But still she felt too safe with Tristan to think she needed any additional security.

Vienna got excited as she noticed it was now snowing. It was such a lovely shopping trip. Vienna loved seeing the white crystals falling on her. Her fur coat that Tristan had bought her kept her warm. He always got her thoughtful presents. It was really cold that day in New York.

Vienna walked to a stand and got a mug of hot chocolate for herself and Tristan. Just when she was about to pay, Tristan beat her to it. The stall keeper of course didn't accept money. But Vienna tried.

Tristan lead Vienna to a bench and they both sat down. As Vienna was drinking she avoided his stare. He was looking at her intensely.

Tristan warned " Next time don't try to pay for anything when I am around." He then stood up and walked to a doughnut stand. He got two doughnuts and walked back to Vienna. He stood towering over her as he handed her the doughnut " You have to try this fresh doughnut while it's hot."

Vienna smiled and took the doughnut " Thank you. I almost forgot to get one. The only doughnuts glazed with Irish cream around here are ones owned by O'Neil businesses." She then bit into the fresh hot doughnut.

As she was eating, Tristan bit into his doughnut while looking down at her seated form. He loved how much she looked adorable.

Vienna looked up " This is really nice. One of the tastiest treats ever..."

Tristan thought to himself "Nothing is tastier than your lips." He sat next to her and slowly wrapped his arm around her waist. He sat close to her and whispered " Are you cold? Why are you shivering?"

Vienna wasn't shivering. Just when he looked at her like that it made her shiver. He was just so possessive. She could never get used to how much he loved her. She replied " I am fine." Just to change the subject she then said " Do you hear the music? Where is it from?"

Tristan whispered " It's an Italian band that I invited to sing.

Vienna said " You invited the music band? How thoughtful of you? Thank you. I love the music."

Tristan explained "They just arrived. But to be honest they came early but they were being searched so they got delayed. Your brother insisted we use an X-ray machine at the entrance today. That works so well but he prefers searching the traditional way too at the same time. That was how I convinced him to let you come here with me. Having double security measures with different methods."

Vienna looked down " I am sorry you went into so much trouble for me."

Tristan smiled " I love you. Your safety matters most..." He then made her lean into him and kissed her forehead as he rubbed her back. His eyes caught the windows that belonged to one of the Rosario multi story restaurants. The private suite of the top floor had a window where Tristan was sure Vincenzo was watching him from. That was why he had chosen that bench in that particular place. He knew that big brother watched and if he didn't see them he was going to be drastic. He didn't want armed guards surround the place more than they should have. He wanted Vienna to have a normal Christmas shopping experience.