37. Nolan O'Leary

Tristan couldn't put his finger on it but something was not right. He couldn't see what it was. As he watched Vincenzo and his uncle shake hands it felt like he was watching a death match.  Vincenzo's eyes were dead cold towards his uncle. What had his uncle done to warrant that? Was it just the Irish versus Italian rivalry or much more?

His uncle Jackson even offered Vincenzo to have a drink with him beforehand which he didn't offer many people but of course Vincenzo refused that outright coldly. He just told Tristan to lead the way to see the car with an edge to his voice that said he wasn't patient.

Tristan lead Vincenzo silently towards the garage as he was trying to make sense of Vincenzo's actions. What was his true intentions? Some tension was there in the air. He couldn't figure it out even though he tried very hard. He opened the garage door and said "After you."

Vincenzo entered the room and walked to the car or rather what was left of the car. It was a wreckage. He stood watching Vincenzo while he was leaning to the wall.

Vincenzo walked around the car as he seemed deep in thought while brushing his hand against the body of the car.

Tristan sighed "What are you trying to achieve? I told you my mechanics examined this wreckage inside out. All the testing is done. There is nothing more to find."

Vincenzo stopped walking and turned to Tristan "Not true Tristan. There is always some concealed facts to find. You only say it is all over just because your people were in charge. You left them in charge and they examined the car. You are Irish. I am not and neither is my sister. So I suggest you quit defending the not so great job that your so called people have done in investigating this case or rather mess of a case now. This is all no thanks to all the half baked procedures you allowed your uncle to put in place while you went over to my house venting your anger on my family. Defend your mechanics one more time and I will be very angry Tristan." He then carried on walking around the car thoughtfully looking at the exterior.

Tristan was taken back by Vincenzo's anger and threats. "You are in my uncle's garage, not your father's." He then walked to the car and stood at the opposite side facing Vincenzo tapping his fingers on the roof of the car. "First rule. Don't tell an Irish what to do when you are standing on his land."

Vincenzo chuckled as he stopped walking and faced Tristan "Don't tell an Italian what to think. Do you think it is wise to defend your people especially when my sister was nearly killed in a car accident where your uncle made a mess of the whole procedures or lack of it."

Tristan said "What is your problem with my uncle? Come out with it. What did my uncle do?"

Vincenzo said "What he didn't do is my problem. I think your loyalty to the Irish is stopping you from seeing what's right in front of you."

Tristan said "Which is ..."

Vincenzo ignored his question and walked to the front of the car opening the bonnet "I don't have time to help you play detective now that all the evidence is tampered with. You can't see who is responsible and I can't help you. Because I have many priorities right now and none of it includes answering to you. I am the one asking the questions. You must be done with the case or so you say."

Tristan was getting tired of his insults. He walked to Vincenzo and put his hand on the opened bonnet "I trust the integrity of what my people do...."