9. Born To Be A King

Tristan was sitting at the breakfast table by himself. It was early morning and he hadn't had much sleep  after he had  returned home last night with his father from the Rosario mansion. So he was starting his day with a glass of milk alone in the kitchen while thinking about what had happened the previous night. So much had changed in such short amount of time. He had no idea life could get so complicated.

Tristan took a sip from his milk glass while thinking about how the events of last night had unfolded. His mother had barged into the building last night in the middle of the mayhem and had gotten his grandfather and his people out of there with whatever negotiation she had done in a meeting room with his father. He had no idea how his parents were going to keep their marriage together. It was all about him. His grandfather had crossed the line by allowing Tristan near the man his father wanted nothing to do with. In fact his father wanted Paulo Rosario dead. He would have killed him if Francesco Rosario allowed it. Of course, his father would have hurt grandpa Giovanni. But his mother had managed to save his grandfather. He knew the danger to his grandpa was from the Rosario side too. But for some reason Vincenzo didnt seem phased. He had other matters on his mind. Tristan didn't bother guessing what went on in Vincenzo's mind. What was the point. He had a feeling allw as going to come out tonight at the meeting

Tristan rubbed his eyes and put his hands behind his neck as he leaned back in his chair. He thought of how much he wished his life was different. He worried for his parents marriage. He knew his father was not going to forgive his grandfather. He had said so in the car on the way back. It was not going to site well with his mother at all. He truly wished his family could be as stable as the Rosarios. Francesco Rosario never had arguments with his wife that went beyond their bedroom walls. The Rosarios had the perfect home life. He would have given anything to feel safe from ever having to endure custody battles. He still was not of legal age. He could be tossed around if his parents had a divorce. He didnt want to have to choose a parent to be loyal to. His family staying together was a miracle within itself. It was rare for an Irish-American and Italian-American to stay together when they were from crime families. One always betrayed another. His mother's love for his father was what stopped his grandfather's attempts. Of course his father's diplomatic ways that stopped grandpa O'Neil from knowing about the Giovanni family attempts to discredit his marriage was also helping. Blood was going to spill if the O'Neils took notice of some of the issues his father had to deal with. But his father was  a master of disguise and diplomatic relations alongside fighting. He was known as a double edged sword for a reason.

Tristan heard the phone ring. He picked up his milk glass and walked up to phone. Who could it be at this time early morning? He picked up the phone as he drank from his milk "Good morning..." He paused "Vienna?.... What is it?" He sighed "What do you mean? There is nothing going on? Nothing has happened that you need to be worried about." He then chocked on his milk "What? My father has sent telegrams around that school is closing early for the Christmas break? All assessments are postponed to the New year?" He was surprised "No. I was unaware.... I am not sure when I see you. I will ask to come by today.... No vienna. I am not hiding anything that you need to worry about." How could he tell her, his grandpa Rosario was locked up in a cabin in the compound grounds of the Rosario mansion? Paulo Rosario was trouble. His father obviously didn't want to take chances with criminal kids walking around in the open when heads of organised crime had dropped by early alongside Paulo Rosario and his people in town.

Tristan tried to assure her "Its safe for you." He was trying to not lie. He was never going to let anyone hurt her. She was safe. He was certain Vincenzo was going to protect Vienna even if h was not there. He said "Yes. Vienna. I am coming to see you today. It will be fine. Dont worry. Go back to sleep. Bye..." He put the phone down and sighed.