7. Complex Web of Secrets

Tristan was sitting next to Vienna while drinking from his can of soda. They were in the VIP section on the top floor sitting on a two seater sofa. Tristan loved it that she found it comfortable enough to lean onto him. He had one arm wrapped around her waist while drinking with the other while watching the music and dance show on the ground floor. There was international music and dance showcased but Tristan didn't care about any of that. Her closeness was all he needed. If someone even offered him the world he wasn't going to swap it with his rare moments sitting next to Vienna while she willingly accepted his touch. They had been through a lot to get to this stage for Vienna to be so comfortable with him. At the beginning she didn't even acknowledge that he existed always looking away from him in any party. But now luck was on his side and his queen was accepting her king slowly.

Vienna moved closer to Tristan and rested her shoulder on his arm as she whispered " Tristan. I want to ask you a question. Please be honest with me. I really want to know what you think."

Tristan responded softly " I will be honest. What is it."

Vienna hesitated at first but then she managed to say it "Do you think I am too ... naive?"

Tristan frowned as he ran his hand up and down her hip slowly " I think you are innocent Vienna. But not naive. You know the rules. You know what you are doing. You do make good choices. You know right from wrong. You don't put yourself in danger. You learn from your mistakes. So no. I don't think you are naive in the slightest way. But why do you ask this?"

Vienna broke away and sat up straight. She tried to move away but Tristan had a hold on her waist. She looked up at him " Well. I just want to know. But can you answer this also.... Am I too innocent?"

Tristan kissed the top of her forehead as he breathed " Why do you ask me this? You are innocent and I love you. What has brought this on?"

Vienna looked into his eyes seriously " Tristan. You say I am innocent but... Am I too innocent?"

Tristan sighed " Vienna. All I want to say is, you are the most gorgeous girl in the world to me. You are the kindest and you are the most amazing. You are perfect to me. It doesn't matter what the whole world says. To me you are always Vienna. My Vienna. My queen."

Vienna blushed and tried to compose herself as her cheeks felt hot. " Thank you Tristan." She turned to the side and picked up a water bottle. She had nothing to say back. He overwhelmed her with so much love. She took a sip of her water and put away the bottle. She then then turned to Tristan.

Tristan found her innocence so adorable " I am just stating a fact. There is no need to thank me. But if you must thank me then thank me with a kiss."

Vienna found herself closer to Tristan as he squeezed her closer to himself.

Vienna gave him a nervous smile. She couldn't deny him. He was so irresistible. She leaned close and touched his lips to hers. He deepens the kiss and then once he was satisfied, he pulled away as he whispered " Now you were saying... What was the question again? You are innocent Vienna. I love you for it. You have no hate in your heart. No ill feelings. Your heart is pure."

Vienna persisted as she was flattered with his soft tone " Am I too innocent? Answer my question please."

Tristan replied " I will answer your question if you also reply to my question. Tell me, what has brought on this question."

Vienna looked away " Forget it Tristan."

Tristan asked " Why? I want to know why you are so adamant to make me confess that you are too innocent. Has someone said anything to you? I will find out Vienna if anyone has. You either tell me why you suddenly ask me these questions or I find out from those friends of yours you were chatting with earlier on. They must know all the gossip from school."