49. Game Starts (Bonus 6)

Anna was startled when a guard came in with a nicely wrapped box. He came in and he wasn't looking at Anna at all. He looked down as he said "Ma'am. This is from the boss. We need to accompany you to their office after you use what's inside this box. He then bowed and left through the door as he politely spoke again "Ma'am. Please step outside in the next fifteen minutes. That's an order from the boss."

Anna shook her head and she approached the box. She opened it and saw clothes inside. She guessed he wanted her to dress a certain way that he wanted. The logo on the box was obvious this was a fashion call. She couldn't do much but she could disobey him. She had no intention of wearing the clothes or following the guard to his boss. She didn't take orders from his boss. She had her own loyalty and that was to her husband and her cousins.

As she was sitting on the sofa, fifteen minutes went past and more. She leaned back in her seat and closed her eyes trying to imagine freedom. She hated how she was trapped here. She didn't like it. She had landed herself in this mess and it was only fair for her to rescue herself.

She opened her eyes as she heard footsteps outside and loud talking. Boss wasn't pleased or so it seemed. The door opened and Jackson came in. He closed the door loudly. She jumped from her seat and stood cautiously. The look in his eyes made her back off. She wanted to insult him and taunt him but that predatory look in his eyes that made her back down slightly.

He stared her down silently as he walked towards her slowly. She backed down. She took a few steps away and stood behind the sofa shielding herself. Jackson was not gentle. He looked as though he was going to hit her. He believed in painful love. He was abusive. Arturo had saved her from a life time of an abusive and controlling marriage by proposing to her. If Arturo didn't exist Anna would have married Jackson. She was not one to back away from a challenge. She would have married him and would have fought him. Jackson was right. He had seen her first and Anna did have feelings for him but he was a monster. But she didn't want to admit it to Jackson no matter how many time Jackson brought up the fact that if Arturo was dead he was the one worthy to be her husband.

Anna was wrestling with herself. She did feel sorry for how she had broken Jackson's heart but they were never together. He didn't fight hard enough for her when she was single or rather he said he couldn't because his father forbid him. All because of Francesco's influence. That was one secret she hoped never came out.

Jackson approached her and pointed to the box "Go get changed". His voice was harsh.

She didn't move. She didn't trust him. She had to cross the room and walked passed him in that state. That was not ideal. He was violent, twice her size and looking murderous despite looking calm. If she had a weapon she wouldn't have minded. Despite all this. She didn't regret her defiance. She was abducted, stolen, against her will. Her instinct told her to fight. The more ground she gave to the monster the more he took. That was why Francesco tried to keep him apart from her even by making the relations between rosarios and the O'Kane much worse than it should have been.

Jackson crossed the room and circled the sofa and so did Anna. "Anna. I have asked you nicely. I won't ask again in the same manner. I don't want the you to be wearing clothes that he touched while being around me.

Anna froze  "What? You are that jealous?" She was looking at him with disbelief.

Jackson walked to her as she was frozen in her spot "If you know what jealousy can do, then you will quickly get changed. Do it. Or you will get hurt Anna. I mean it."

Anna had no doubt he was going to hurt her. Still she whispered "Why? Why are you so possessive of me now after all these years. I am married now. Why now?"